Everything posted by Greenvilleky
-
University Heights 103 McCracken County 98 (OT)
Unique thing about this group is that it's now to the point where almost all Of them, (Tandy, hollowells, and McGowan) are legacies. They are all there for a reason.
-
University Heights 103 McCracken County 98 (OT)
If these guys continue to develop they will be a region 2 contender. They return their entire roster besides one player and have Some really good 8th graders coming up.
-
Cordia 62 Murray 45 (All "A" State Finals)
Sorry. I just looked it up. Couldn't find what you are referencing. What exactly is your point?
-
Cordia 62 Murray 45 (All "A" State Finals)
Would you post a link. I would be interested in looking at that. Thanks.
-
Cordia 62 Murray 45 (All "A" State Finals)
Please expand. Explain how a program, like, bowling green for example (not accusing, just using them as an example) in a large district is any different than a private school? Or maybe Louisville Male. there is no difference in schools who have good sports programs who are attractive for athletes (whether they recruit or not) and programs that aren't good in sports. If you move into their district, you get to go to school there. It's that simple. In many instances, schools have reciprocal agreements where you don't even have to live in the district. so a simple "change in address" gets you eligible when you transfer. There is no difference, in fact, for public schools, it's easier to get kids eligible. The # of transfers to publics for sports purposes is probably more than to private schools. It's been that way for several years IMO... Now, if you're talking about the small rural public schools, perhaps like Livingston county or maybe Bracken county. Then yes, you have a point. But those schools are already at a disadvantage. In the larger districts, where most of the winners come from, it makes no difference if you're a public or private school. If you have a good program and want to recruit, you can do it and odds are, nothing will ever happen.
-
Cordia 62 Murray 45 (All "A" State Finals)
To act as if Private schools have an advantage over public schools is laughable. Cordia proves this. Public schools are free. In larger districts its easier to transfer to a public school than a private school. I believe the perception that private schools have an advantage is fading. They don't. If anything, because of the new jersey clearing house that has to be used to set tuition, they are more constrained. kid who wants to transfer from, say, bowling green to warren central just has to get an address in warren central. A kid who wants to transfer from male to trinity and be eligible has to a. move. B. send financial info to the new jersey clearinghouse to establish what they "can afford" and then come up with the money to pay what the NJ clearinghouse says they have to pay.
-
Cordia 62 Murray 45 (All "A" State Finals)
Nah. It's doesn't take any time to figure out if something is credible. This is the crap the khsaa says about why they don't allow whistle blower protection.
-
Cordia 62 Murray 45 (All "A" State Finals)
The issue is this. FOr most people who are just fans, they don't want to be thrust into the public light over high school sports. I'd include myself in that group. For coaches, you can get blackballed REALLY quick. Bruce pearl did when he reported Illinois for a violation (and he was supposed to remain anonymous). the question I'd love to have answered is this. Why do you have to put your name on the complaint? The complaint isn't what will cause the punishment, being investigated and it being proven true will. I'm sure the KHSAA will claim they could "never investigate" all of the complaints if they allowed anonymous complaints, but to me, that's not a good enough answer. I think they'd be surprised at how few frivolous complaints they got.
-
Cordia 62 Murray 45 (All "A" State Finals)
Exactly... As I said above, the "must give your name in order to report a violation" gives the KHSAA the out they need to keep from having to investigate 95% of the stuff that goes on.
-
Cordia 62 Murray 45 (All "A" State Finals)
They have a young man from Africa (the exchange program rule that is now not being enforced) and they have a young man who is from Germany I believe. Both starters. Both very good. no disrespect to the young men, I'm sure they had no idea they were a part of rule breaking. it is my understanding that their parents aren't here. (which would violate the exchange student program) I realize they may have figured out a way to get them eligible, but I can't imagine how they pulled it off with the KHSAA sniffing around. That's the issue we have now in Kentucky with high school athletics. To say it's the private or independent schools only is laughable. Kids are transferring and schools are bending and breaking the rules left and right. That's why I have a hard time being so tough on cordia. The four time defending region 2 champion was able to somehow magically get the best senior from Christian County as well as other players for 3 consecutive years. They picked up another transfer this year who is now starting. My point is, to act as if Cordia is the only one doing this is disingenuous. One way to help solve some of this is to get rid of the ridiculous rule that requires a person to allow their name to be taken public if they report the violation. Not allowing an anonymous complaint is crazy. You basically ensure that nobody from violating schools will ever report anything. Think about it. You're a guidance counselor told by the principal to change an address or forge a document. You call the khsaa to report this. They say you can't report it unless you submit the complaint in writing and put your name on it. that's why 95% of this stuff, even the BLATANTLY obvious stuff doesn't go reported or investigated. sorry for the rant, and I don't mean to cast stones, I'm just trying to explain why it's hard to single cordia out when you have a BUNCH of top programs in the state bending and breaking rules with no consequence.
-
Cordia 62 Murray 45 (All "A" State Finals)
I think part of the perception issue with Cordia right now is that they were punished for recruiting yet they are playing players that were clearly recruited and had special circumstances arranged for them to be able to go to school and play there. Punishing them is one thing. Allowing the kids to be eligible to play is another. I'm fine with them playing. But I can't figure out how they can allow kids to play who were clearly recruited. What's the point in the rules? All that to say... I'm fine with them being in the all a.
-
Cordia 62 Murray 45 (All "A" State Finals)
Agree smallhoops
-
Cordia 62 Murray 45 (All "A" State Finals)
Neufdaddy... This is funny... Keep the hits coming. Cordia went way beyond the rules with what they did. Schools, private and public, have learned how to "use the transfer rules". But what cordia did flew in the face of the khsaa. I have no problem with the all a allowing them to play. This isn't a "khsaa" tournament. No different than the Maui invitational allowing a school like smu or another school banned from post season play from playing.
-
Hoptown cannot play D
County didn't even play that well. Got caught up in the emotion of the game. As has been said over and over on here, haworth's insistence to press, even when it's working against him is absolutely foolish.
-
Christian County 77 Hopkinsville 67 (OT)
I was mistaken. I thought it was a hoptown player who grabbed the net. The hoptown player did undercut the rebounder though. County didn't play well after the first quarter. I think they will play better the next 3 times they play hoptown.
-
Hopkinsville vs Christian County Updates
it was a county player
-
Cordia 57 University Heights 44 (All "A" State Quarter-Final)
UHA starts 3 freshmen and their 7th guy is a freshman. Very bright future
-
Owensboro Catholic 85 Hopkinsville 65
Yep. He was terrific on the ball
-
Owensboro Catholic 85 Hopkinsville 65
Haworth's insistence to pressure even when it's working against him is his weakness. I'm not ready to predict but county could make tomorrow night ugly if they handle the pressure.
-
Owensboro Catholic 85 Hopkinsville 65
The Achilles heal for hoptown in this run has been their half court offense. If you can break the pressure and slow the pace you have a great chance. It's usually taken really good teams to do that. But when it happens they haven't been tough to beat. Look back at Their last two state tourney exits... Blowout losses... I'm shocked that o catn was able to do it... But the absence of matlock has taken their huge advantage on the boards that they often had. He Was a terrific player. Saturday night against Christian county will be fascinating.
-
Owensboro Catholic 85 Hopkinsville 65
Owensboro Catholic hadn't scored more than 70 points in a game all year.
-
Owensboro Catholic 85 Hopkinsville 65
I Catholic scored 29 in the 4th quarter. That's nuts
-
Owensboro Catholic 85 Hopkinsville 65
Uh no. They lost to mcclean county last week. A 7-12 mcclean county. Hoptown isn't the same without matlock. They relied on him so much.
-
Brossart/Murray (All "A" State 1st Rd) updates
Officiating today has been solid. Only awful call I saw in the UHA v pineville game was a bogus 5 second call against UHA. Other than that. Very good
-
University Heights 69 Pineville 34 (All "A" State 1st Rd)
4 freshmen play huge minutes for UHA. 3 now starting