Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Ole' Ball Coach

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by The Ole' Ball Coach

  1. Was the hire made tonight? Interviews were concluded tonight. I was told at the last minute Coach Patrick Kelsch withdrew his name from consideration! So does this job go to Coach Persinger?
  2. I have heard it had nothing to do with Coach Hinson not having his degree. That is just what I was told!
  3. I had heard from a friend in the area that all the interviews would be held today! Seems very interesting to me! I hope for the school's & players sake the administration gets this right!
  4. So that would be Persinger, Kelsch, Miles, and another person then, correct? Is it the former Campbell assistant under Danny Sullivan?
  5. Transy, Union, Western Kentucky, and Northern Kentucky always have very good team camps!
  6. Excellent choice, been doing it for quite awhile! One of the guys that still remembers the game is about the players and the referee is supposed to blend in!
  7. Seems Coach Kelsch is looking into what fits him better, girls or boys? I would not not necessarily think this is a slap at the girls program at all! It would seem that if the BC Administration truly had wanted a home grown coach w/community ties who stay around they could have had one w/out interviewing anyone else other then Persinger, Kelsch, and Hinson! Was it ever determined if Coach Hinson was going to get an interview however? Maybe they truly are looking at bringing in the best person for the job and thus that is why they are interviewing others as well. Now, with the three that have BC ties and the others, hopefully they can find the best fit to run their boys program. By interviewing all of these men, that task would seem plausible!
  8. Living in this area for awhile, one thing is for certain, Shelby County is traditionally used to being a region contender in girls basketball on a yearly basis!
  9. Excellent question! I wander the same thing. I would believe early on w/all that has recently happened at Bracken County you would want to see improvement, but not just with wins and losses, but with the improvement of the players and their skill set! Make each player better and in the process improve your team. Can the coach "coach-up" his players?
  10. I am kind of interested myself???
  11. How about what Coach Flynn has done over the last 10 years as a coach? Would that matter, I certainly think so!
  12. Coach Kelsch does a fine job, he will have his team ready for the season! They do need to handle the ball better and cut-down on their turnovers. I would also like to see them develop, if possible, a go-to type of player! Someone who can get them a basket or get their shot off when needed!
  13. I used to live in the area and I understand the Bracken County fans concerns about this coaching job being a stepping-stone job to a better position. However, do you limit your search for the best candidate just because of what has happened with the last few coaches? I would think not! I do not know of the candidates other then things written here or things from the newspaper. So I cannot speak of them honestly, seems they both (Persinger and Hinson) are relatively young and passionate. That isn't enough though to lead a program or in this case rebuild one! Just because Bracken has been burnt w/recent coaches leaving quickly for other jobs does not mean that trend would continue! I would hate for a qualified candidate not to get a chance because of the past and something he had not done or may not do! Maybe that person is out there and willing to move to and live in the community and help in any manner possible! Bracken County really needs to get this right, they have fumbled their chance the last couple of times! Do the research, do the interviews, do the necessary background checks and then make an informed decision and move forward, but in the end do what is right for the school, the program, and the kids most importantly!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.