Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BENGAL 15

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BENGAL 15

  1. Rebels still struggling. Maddox was back this time against the Rebels.
  2. Thought I read in a previous thread that he is bringing a couple in from Shelby.
  3. I assume it is Ogden that is left. Hang in there kid.........Don't let the other Seniors bring you down.
  4. Sorry for saying all seniors. Ogden is a good pitcher. He is the only one that acts like he cares about the game. Don't really know much about the other seniors,but was told that they lacked senior leadership. Sounds like Ogden needs other seniors to step up to the plate and help out a little. He has always pitched well even as a freshman. They have a good chance of winning the district. They beat Henry at Henry.
  5. Talk with one of the parents after that game. Said it has been a disappointing year. They thought that their pitching was gonna be stronger than it is. No leadership from the seniors apparently. Said they have a couple juniors that stay around after each game that helps with the field. It like I said, that is where the coach needs to step up and put his foot down. You don't have to be a senior to be a leader..Let someone else step up in the role. Apparently the kids never know what position they are going to be playing at each given game. That also makes it hard for a player to even do well at one spot. At this point have fun and focus on what you need to do for next year. Aren't they in the All A next season?
  6. They have lost a few more than that. Really surprised at the team this year. Thought they would have done much better. They have had a hard schedule, but they are also loosing games that they shouldn't be loosing. They let trimble County beat them.
  7. I think there are two assistants that have really stuck with those guys and are pretty good. It has been that their hands have been tied over the last year due to so much conflict. I went to school with Jon Jon and I don't see him coming going back over there and leaving Holmes. He may though...I just hope the kids respect him and they do well this year cause they deserve a good year. And lord knows its long over due......
  8. So is Fowler not going to keep the assistants that have been there in Owen County? The assistants are the only reason these boys have stayed as long as they have.
  9. I agree. I hope those boys do respect him and have a great season. The assistants have stayed in contact with those boys almost daily.
  10. I hope to Fowler is the one to turn the program around. I wish him the best over there. If he can handle their administration then he can handle anything..
  11. He ain't beating Gallatin.......
  12. No, but they are in the same conference.....
  13. Probably wouldn't be a problem..Their principal had someone from another district to help hire him..Shes all for outsiders..
  14. Gallatin played Henry County tonite. Rainout in the second inning.
  15. Best of luck to Fowler.. Hope you do a great job. You have a great bunch of kids coming up over there and your up coming seniors are wonderful..Keith Arutoff, Alan Green, Shaun Gullion, Tyler Williams, Matt Harris, Zack McDonald, Chris Rivera, Jordan Cox, Levi Camp. One of those kids is one of the assistant coaches kid. (Zack McDonald) Brian is a real great guy. Those kids love him alot. He is always there when they need him and does a lot for the school district. I do wish you all the best of luck.
  16. Agreed Owen has now made it to the top of the list of...WE DON"T HAVE SMART, KNOWLEDGABLE & ATHLETIC people in our district can we borrow yours to help us hire...Did the AD over there ever play anykind of sports..at this point if he just helped out with a cheerleading squad or something he would know a little. I think it is FUNNY. They have just made their school look bad...Feel for those kids and those who really do care about the athletics over there..
  17. Guys name is Adam Fowler. Don't know much about him. Someone said he coaches freshman baseball at Shelby County.
  18. Adam Fowler don't know much about him. Does anyone else?
  19. I'm not saying that another AD was all bad, but it is when it's their conference rival. I heard that the ones on the committee had no clue about football. I heard two of them played in high school, but that was it..
  20. The principal at Owen is from Henry Co and she had the AD at Henry help them hire a football coach.. BRAVE....
  21. Hey I was wondering the same thing.. I think there has been a little contervosy going on in Owen County over this. They had a AD from a rival school to serve on the hiring committee. Is this what you were referring to?
  22. Just got word that Owen has named a new head coach. Not for sure who it is, but I will be making some calls and get with you shortly.
  23. From what I am understanding from a few parents I don't think any of them had any football experience on the committee. Maybe two played high school. Gilley is a very nice guy or seems to be, but why put someone from another county (tht your team plays) on your committee. I could see Trimble County asking someone from Gallatin or Carroll being on a athletic hiring committee for a job. You would be laughed out of your county....or kicked out. Unless I have missed something..(Is this how school districts do it now? Get another AD from an opposing county to help hire their coaches? Maybe I am missing something.) If I was still over there and a parent or a student for that matter. I would be throwning out concerns right and left.
  24. Has anyone heard who they hired as coach? Wasn't you interviews done on Friday?
  25. Heard Hockensmith did do a lot of work on the locker room over there this past summer. Sounds like he was a nice guy and loved the kids, maybe he just wasn't ready for that position at that time.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.