Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

32minutesofpressure

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 32minutesofpressure

  1. Will this be a good game? Who wins this one?
  2. Does anyone have an opinion out there in regards to zone vs. man? Anyone......? Anyone.........? Bueller.........
  3. Ok, do a lot of teams in KY in general play Man or Zone? Has there been any success with teams from Lex. or Louisville that use a zone? I don't mind expanding my boundaries.... :lol:
  4. I don't care about Cover 2 or the Bengals up/down defensive effort, that is for another chat and time Just curious what NKY teams tend to play. Has a team from NKY ever gone far in the state playing zone defense?
  5. Different areas play different styles of defense. In general, what is NKY? Man or Zone? Cincy area is mostly man pressure (except for small schools). If it is zone, what kind (1-3-1, 2-3, 3-2, 1-2-2)? Thanks!
  6. With the NKY preseason section today, it said the order of predicted finish would be: 1. Ludlow 2. Villa 3. Dixie 4. Lloyd My question is this......is the paper right, or bluegrass preps members? Enquirer has Villa 2, and members said 4. Who determines how the Enquirer ranks them? Villa and Lloyd play the first game of the year on Dec. 1st according to the schedules. Can Lloyd pull of the "upset"? Or is it an "upset"?
  7. So is Lockard a "good" DII player?
  8. So even with this being "the weekest district", ludlow is that much better? I will have to get out to see them. Especially with Daughtery being such a stud. I don't know who the five better teams would be since I am new. But Notre Dame is up there right? From reading posts on here, I guess Boone County and Ryle also? Someone help me....
  9. I heard that Lockard has not practiced yet this year. Any truth to that?
  10. What positions are they? Quick guards? Stong posts?
  11. Who is the DIII play of the year candidate? I am new and don't know squat!!! I know that somebody name Daughtery (?) from Ludlow is supposed to be tough, and so is Lockard (?) from Lloyd is supposed to be good also. Is this accurate or not?
  12. Really? Wow, I didn't realize that. So it is pretty even then, just a weak district. So are all 4 teams towards the bottom in NKY, or just say Lloyd and Villa?
  13. Is this district pretty competitive or lopsided? Is there a major difference from top to bottom?
  14. What do we know about the following teams in the 34th? Dixie Lloyd Ludlow Villa Madonna Could people please give me a preseason ranking of these teams....thanks!!! Players to watch in this Region are ???????
  15. Sounds like a job that would generate a lot of interest!!!
  16. That is the great thing about coaching. When coaches win, they look like geniuses. When they lose they look like goats. However, they are doing the same things, but it all rely's on the players. I do have to say, I have known a lot of "great" coaches in Ohio that were not given equal talent, but you had to be ready to play them night after night because they got the best of their teams. I always like to pull for them and their teams. Some teams are gifted with better athletes and transfers (see Mt. Notre Dame in Ohio) and anyone would look great coaching an All Star team.......
  17. It is good to know that NKY is such an excellent place to watch and be involved in girls basketball. Sounds like there are a lot of great programs as well as coaches. So if talent was all relevent, who would be the best coach to win ONE game with? Sowders or Fookes? Or someone that doesn't always have as good as talent from a smaller school but is an outstanding coach? (Loaded question I know....ha ha) Because coaches that win a lot aren't always the best coaches, but get the best players. There are oftentimes smaller school coaches who prepare their players and "outcoach" the supposed GREAT coaches.....
  18. Wow, I am very thankful for all of the info on the way KY does things and the breakdown of schools. That is awesome info! So in Region 9, who are the favorites for each District (33, 34, 35, 36) then? To me, the 34th looks like the most even with size/types school?????????
  19. So are Regions basically counties? I am so confused. We have individual conferences in Ohio. I don't get the whole 9th Region, 34th district..... Is it based on size of school at all, or proximity?
  20. I do have some young kids, but am also just trying to familiarize myself with NKY. I have been involved in the Cincinnati girl's basketball area for over 10 years, and just moved over here. It is good to know that there are good (great) coaches in the area!!! I will probably look for a job in a program next spring. I was just wanting to know which direction I should be looking... I have also heard that Coach Sowders at Simon Kenton is very good, and also the Coach Terwilliger, the new Lloyd coach is good.....
  21. I am new to the area, who are the top coaches in the 9th Region?
  22. CCU is Cincinnati Christian University. It is a local smaller DIII school like Thomas More or Mt. St. Joseph.
  23. After doing some homework (google), I found out more about the new Lloyd Coaches. Josh Terwilliger was the coach at CCU the past couple years according to the Cincinnati Enquirer Online addition, and before that at Ursuline and Goshen. Whoever wrote Tom Corman down as an assistant either knows them, or knows he was with Terwilliger at CCU as the co-coach according to CCU's website. Looks like they were 36-24 the past two seasons overall and 21-5 in their conference. Not sure what this all means, but at least we know who they are now. Dr. X, do you know them?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.