Everything posted by 32minutesofpressure
-
Ludlow vs. Brossart Expectations
Will this be a good game? Who wins this one?
-
Is NKY Man or Zone Defense????
Does anyone have an opinion out there in regards to zone vs. man? Anyone......? Anyone.........? Bueller.........
-
Is NKY Man or Zone Defense????
Ok, do a lot of teams in KY in general play Man or Zone? Has there been any success with teams from Lex. or Louisville that use a zone? I don't mind expanding my boundaries.... :lol:
-
Is NKY Man or Zone Defense????
I don't care about Cover 2 or the Bengals up/down defensive effort, that is for another chat and time Just curious what NKY teams tend to play. Has a team from NKY ever gone far in the state playing zone defense?
-
Is NKY Man or Zone Defense????
Different areas play different styles of defense. In general, what is NKY? Man or Zone? Cincy area is mostly man pressure (except for small schools). If it is zone, what kind (1-3-1, 2-3, 3-2, 1-2-2)? Thanks!
-
34th District
With the NKY preseason section today, it said the order of predicted finish would be: 1. Ludlow 2. Villa 3. Dixie 4. Lloyd My question is this......is the paper right, or bluegrass preps members? Enquirer has Villa 2, and members said 4. Who determines how the Enquirer ranks them? Villa and Lloyd play the first game of the year on Dec. 1st according to the schedules. Can Lloyd pull of the "upset"? Or is it an "upset"?
-
34th District
So is Lockard a "good" DII player?
-
34th District
So even with this being "the weekest district", ludlow is that much better? I will have to get out to see them. Especially with Daughtery being such a stud. I don't know who the five better teams would be since I am new. But Notre Dame is up there right? From reading posts on here, I guess Boone County and Ryle also? Someone help me....
-
34th District
I heard that Lockard has not practiced yet this year. Any truth to that?
-
34th District
What positions are they? Quick guards? Stong posts?
-
34th District
Who is the DIII play of the year candidate? I am new and don't know squat!!! I know that somebody name Daughtery (?) from Ludlow is supposed to be tough, and so is Lockard (?) from Lloyd is supposed to be good also. Is this accurate or not?
-
34th District
Really? Wow, I didn't realize that. So it is pretty even then, just a weak district. So are all 4 teams towards the bottom in NKY, or just say Lloyd and Villa?
-
34th District
Is this district pretty competitive or lopsided? Is there a major difference from top to bottom?
-
34th District
What do we know about the following teams in the 34th? Dixie Lloyd Ludlow Villa Madonna Could people please give me a preseason ranking of these teams....thanks!!! Players to watch in this Region are ???????
-
Next coach at Perry Central?
Sounds like a job that would generate a lot of interest!!!
-
9th Region
That is the great thing about coaching. When coaches win, they look like geniuses. When they lose they look like goats. However, they are doing the same things, but it all rely's on the players. I do have to say, I have known a lot of "great" coaches in Ohio that were not given equal talent, but you had to be ready to play them night after night because they got the best of their teams. I always like to pull for them and their teams. Some teams are gifted with better athletes and transfers (see Mt. Notre Dame in Ohio) and anyone would look great coaching an All Star team.......
-
9th Region
It is good to know that NKY is such an excellent place to watch and be involved in girls basketball. Sounds like there are a lot of great programs as well as coaches. So if talent was all relevent, who would be the best coach to win ONE game with? Sowders or Fookes? Or someone that doesn't always have as good as talent from a smaller school but is an outstanding coach? (Loaded question I know....ha ha) Because coaches that win a lot aren't always the best coaches, but get the best players. There are oftentimes smaller school coaches who prepare their players and "outcoach" the supposed GREAT coaches.....
-
9th Region
Wow, I am very thankful for all of the info on the way KY does things and the breakdown of schools. That is awesome info! So in Region 9, who are the favorites for each District (33, 34, 35, 36) then? To me, the 34th looks like the most even with size/types school?????????
-
9th Region
So are Regions basically counties? I am so confused. We have individual conferences in Ohio. I don't get the whole 9th Region, 34th district..... Is it based on size of school at all, or proximity?
-
9th Region
I do have some young kids, but am also just trying to familiarize myself with NKY. I have been involved in the Cincinnati girl's basketball area for over 10 years, and just moved over here. It is good to know that there are good (great) coaches in the area!!! I will probably look for a job in a program next spring. I was just wanting to know which direction I should be looking... I have also heard that Coach Sowders at Simon Kenton is very good, and also the Coach Terwilliger, the new Lloyd coach is good.....
-
9th Region
I am new to the area, who are the top coaches in the 9th Region?
-
Erlanger Lloyd Head Coaching Vacancy?
CCU is Cincinnati Christian University. It is a local smaller DIII school like Thomas More or Mt. St. Joseph.
-
Erlanger Lloyd Head Coaching Vacancy?
After doing some homework (google), I found out more about the new Lloyd Coaches. Josh Terwilliger was the coach at CCU the past couple years according to the Cincinnati Enquirer Online addition, and before that at Ursuline and Goshen. Whoever wrote Tom Corman down as an assistant either knows them, or knows he was with Terwilliger at CCU as the co-coach according to CCU's website. Looks like they were 36-24 the past two seasons overall and 21-5 in their conference. Not sure what this all means, but at least we know who they are now. Dr. X, do you know them?
-
Erlanger Lloyd Head Coaching Vacancy?
Who is he, never heard of him?