Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pendleton County / Montgomery County predictions

Which team will win? 34 members have voted

  1. 1. Which team will win?

    • Montgomery Co
      64%
    • Pendleton Co
      35%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

This is all true and I do not want to hijack this thread but in what way is having the tournament at nearly the southernmost part of the region fair? Maysville most schools had to drive but no one had to travel as far as Scott High or Campbell will this week. The same could be said if it is at BOK next year. Montgomery/Clark should not be asked to travel that far for the regional. Fairness for all is impossible but fairness for most is.

 

With that said and back on track here: The game Thursday should be a hard fought contest. I believe it to be a true toss up!

 

If you check back in the threads for the games at BOK a few years back you will see that there were few if any complaints about the long drive for the GRC and Montgomery fans. We were just happy not to have to play on Mason's home court again. That is where the fairness for all comes in to play, Mason should not have the home court advantage every year now that there are options. Options that may not be perfect, but options none the less. As I have stated before I would be happy to have it every year at the BOK as the only neutral court option despite the drive. From Winchester with the better roads we can be there in about the same time.

 

You are right we are hijacking the thread so I will drop this discussion and say that this game should be great one. I think Montgomery wins a close one. I wish I was going but without a dog in this session I will opt out as a basketball fan for the UK game. Glad GRC drew Friday night but had they drawn Thursday I would have chosen to go to Mt. Sterling.

  • Replies 45
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you check back in the threads for the games at BOK a few years back you will see that there were few if any complaints about the long drive for the GRC and Montgomery fans. We were just happy not to have to play on Mason's home court again. That is where the fairness for all comes in to play, Mason should not have the home court advantage every year now that there are options. Options that may not be perfect, but options none the less. As I have stated before I would be happy to have it every year at the BOK as the only neutral court option despite the drive. From Winchester with the better roads we can be there in about the same time.

 

You are right we are hijacking the thread so I will drop this discussion and say that this game should be great one. I think Montgomery wins a close one. I wish I was going but without a dog in this session I will opt out as a basketball fan for the UK game. Glad GRC drew Friday night but had they drawn Thursday I would have chosen to go to Mt. Sterling.

 

Fair enough. I am also opting for the UK game but look forward to updates from this battle. Good luck to both squads!

  • Author
Fair enough. I am also opting for the UK game but look forward to updates from this battle. Good luck to both squads!

 

Do you have a link to a webcast for this game? I hope someone will give updates.

If Pendleton plays defense like they played against Harrison in district tourney, PC wins by 4

If Pendleton plays defense like they played against Harrison in district tourney' date=' PC wins by 4[/quote']

 

They also must handle Montgomery's length better. Pendleton struggled mightily in the first half offensively in their game at Mt.Sterling earlier this year. Darius Jones gave Mason Monroe fits. I don't see them beating Montgomery if he is held to 6 like he was against Harrison County.

 

This is the third straight year Montgomery County beat Pendleton in the regular season. Pendleton has come back to beat Montgomery in the last two years. I see Antrobus getting hot, and Pendleton making the Regional Semi-finals for a third straight year.

  • Author

After the loss in the finals of the district, and held to only 8 points in the first half, Montgomery will come out really focused and on a mission. Will be hard to beat them IMO.

Just heard that Pendleton is bringing a pep bus. Could be a decent PC student section size.

Just heard that Pendleton is bringing a pep bus. Could be a decent PC student section size.

 

They are taking a pep bus, and students are released from school at 1 o'clock. Should have a good student section.

  • Author
They are taking a pep bus, and students are released from school at 1 o'clock. Should have a good student section.

 

That is awsome!!! Nothing like tourney time in the bluegrass!!!!!

 

I would love to go to this game, but my mom, sister and brother-in-law are coming to spend the night with me. Sure hope someone will give updates.

  • Author

I have asked several times, but no reply. Any link to a webcast? Anyone plan on giving updates?

I have asked several times, but no reply. Any link to a webcast? Anyone plan on giving updates?

 

I have a conflict and can't attend the game, but I should be able to give updates as long as I can have someone send them to me.

I plan to make the trip back home and support my alma mater so I could give updates. As far as the game goes, I see this being low scoring with Montgomery edging it out by 4.

  • Author
I plan to make the trip back home and support my alma mater so I could give updates. As far as the game goes, I see this being low scoring with Montgomery edging it out by 4.

 

Awsome....thanks!!

 

Why low scoring? You have two of the top scorers in the region playing.

Awsome....thanks!!

 

Why low scoring? You have two of the top scorers in the region playing.

You look at the teams scores here lately and you will see they have either rellied on defense or had trouble putting the ball in the hole. Montgomery scored 38 last time out and Pendleton scored 36 two games ago. Add that with the win or go home pressure and you have a low scoring affair.

My pick is Montgomery by 5. If Pendleton comes out making shots, along with a good crowd, it could very easily go the other way!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.