Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie Heights 2012

Featured Replies

What does Dixie Heights need to do to improve in 2012? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

Wow not one post?

7 Colin Justice will be a load at running back he is around 190 pounds. 78 Milligan and 51 Fisk are 2 good players returning on the line.

Addition by subtraction.

Addition by subtraction.

 

Agreed!

Curious to see if Brossart continues with 3-5 defense and if he remains a spread guy on offense. He ran his offense when he was in OH and at CCH. Personally, I would like to see him run some TE sets with a fullback. He needs to change mentality of finesse football and get them kids believing in smash mouth football. JMO.

Curious to see if Brossart continues with 3-5 defense and if he remains a spread guy on offense. He ran his offense when he was in OH and at CCH. Personally, I would like to see him run some TE sets with a fullback. He needs to change mentality of finesse football and get them kids believing in smash mouth football. JMO.

 

He has to be able to adapt to the athletes that he has. Dixie hasn't had the kids in recent years to run smash mouth football, outside of this past season.

No question about adapting a system to the talent; however, in years past the coaches always said they didn't have a TE or FB but I totally disagree looking at the players they have had over the last 5-6 years. I guess they didn't want to develop those types of players.

Milligan would make a good TE and Fisk would make a good FB.

No question about adapting a system to the talent; however, in years past the coaches always said they didn't have a TE or FB but I totally disagree looking at the players they have had over the last 5-6 years. I guess they didn't want to develop those types of players.

 

Doug Jones was a heck of a TE.

No question about adapting a system to the talent; however, in years past the coaches always said they didn't have a TE or FB but I totally disagree looking at the players they have had over the last 5-6 years. I guess they didn't want to develop those types of players.

 

I can't think of any recent kids that I thought were true TE's. Pike is the obvious latest true TE. IMO should've played the position a lot more as a sophomore. Before him, I can only think of Jones and Osborne. As far as a powerful back/fullback, the last one I recall was Stavermen (sp?). I can't think of anyone else that could've played the position that had the size and speed.

 

I think the 2012 team has a true FB in Capel (sp?). The kid is a load and only going to be a junior. He played both FB and TE last year, but I think FB fits him better.

Milligan would make a good TE and Fisk would make a good FB.

 

No way Milligan plays TE. He may be tall, but that's it. He has the potential to be the top offensive tackle in NKY next year. He's 6'4" with a frame that can support more weight. He has good footwork. My favorite characteristic of the kid is that he has a mean streak. It cost him a couple personal fouls last year, but they kinda helped the team wake up at the time.

When coaches say they don't have a fb or Te, they mean they don't have a prototype. Of course you don't have many 5-10 220 pound bangers or many 6-3 240 guys that can run and catch and block, but jeez Louise you have to have someone whom is willing to hit and is ok with being hit. Sounds like it was a mentality issue.

He has to be able to adapt to the athletes that he has. Dixie hasn't had the kids in recent years to run smash mouth football, outside of this past season.

 

They would have benefited going under last year instead of the spread, and even the year before. You cannot run a spread offense when you only have 1 or 2 recievers. I hate the fact that there was "well that's just what we do" mentality. You adapt to your players strengths.

Who are the top candidates to be under center for Dixie? Which one will give them the best chance to succeed and why?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.