Elliott County 61 Raceland 56

Nets

The Lions hung on as they did not play their best. Raceland played well and made key shots to make it a close game after being done by around 11.

:fire:

Thats pretty much the story. Elliott played as poor as they can play and Raceland shot the lights out, played nearly flawlessly. But alas they came up short.

That's pretty typical in this region that the upper crust plays poorly to allow the bottom dwellers to at least feel competitive. Thanks Elliott.

Oh and another item to touch on. It was a rough day for the POWERHOUSES in the TOUGH Pool. Lawrence lost, and Fairview, Greenup and Elliott all played just terrible and made the games close to make it an interesting event for those that attended to enjoy. From us bottom feeders Breathitt, Rose Hill, Rowan and Raceland we appreciate your playing down to our level during this holiday season. Thanks.

Another note for the Greenup faithful. You might want to save your coin on the trip to Cumberland. Coach Hicks says its a much tougher tournament than this Raceland Derby. Seriously though you fans should support your players and coaches they work tremendously hard, and my buddies on the staff know I'm all about loyalty to the kids and my friends.

I'm just not sure what Coach was trying to get across? Is it going to be a long after Christmas for the Musketeers or was this pitiful little backyard tournament not much?

Merry Christmas To All.....