Jackson County Opening...

BIG_BALLIN

I was told that this job was open for about two days and then closed because the Superintendent has the guy he wants. If I'm not mistaken Jackson Co. has been pretty irrelevant and that if things like this continue they will continue to be that way until the correct people are put into place to hire a true football coach. The Principal I think knows his stuff, but he and the Super do not agree on most things, and as most know all to well it pays to know somebody who knows somebody. Get it right Jackson Co. You all are sitting on a possibly good team, but you need somebody who knows nothing of Jackson Co. to right this ship.

Who would be good choices?

Edited by BIG_BALLIN
Left words out.

Not true. Only if the job is open with a teaching position attached. Here is the bylaw from KHSAA. Case BL-27-11- Does the KHSAA have regulations regarding

job postings for the hiring of coaches?

No. Bylaw 27 includes the requirements for those holding positions,

but hiring, posting and employment policies are established at

the local school district level. Schools shall comply with published

rules on all postings within the district, as well as all other KDE

hiring regulations.

Case BL-27-12– Are coaches

The district can hire within without posting the job. 30 days only applies to coaching jobs with teaching positions that will be open.

Well, IMO I think that this job needs to be opened up. The only decent success they had was their first couple of years when Todd Harris was there but that wasn't much. I think there are many qualified assistants and other programs that need to be asked to apply or given a shot. I'm not trying to be rude to Jackson Co., but not many people know much about football, and this needs to be opened up and see what they can get to come into Jackson Co.

There is no right or wrong way to hire a football coach as long as they are not violating any rules...sometimes soneone from the inside is good sometimes it is not....if the Supt and Principal has someone in mind go for it....Cater was an assitant at Bell County and that did not work out....I agree I would want as many application as possible but ......

Carter was not the issue at Jackson County and issues that are holding the program back are being shown now! Look for the new coach to be Russ Shear that coached at Cumberland College. Russ will do a fine job and hopefully he is given the necessary tools and support needed to continue the growth of this young program that started 14 kids this year that had never started a varsity football game.

When you give a man one assistant coach, no support, no means or even slight glimpse of support. The kids know this and it will push them away. Not to mention, when he first arrived the discipline and lack there-of was terrible.

Now lets look at the program from a broader perspective. Ya, they lost a lot of games. But the program NOW has a solid foundation where it counts (WITH THE KIDS). Very discipline group and have been taught and understand the game, with what they have to present on the field of play. They play as hard as any coach would expect out of their players and they do it with class. So, with what the man was given I thought he done as much as anyone would have done under the circumstances involved in the situation.