Holmes 62 Pikeville 36

Holmes played their starters the entire game I do believe, and to tell the truth they really didn't impress me. Maybe they just weren't playing hard or something, but to only beat a team like Pikeville by as much as they did wasn't impressive. Pikeville played them even through the first quarter, I think the score was 9-9, then the Panthers were only down by 10 at halftime. Still, congratulations to Holmes to winning the Pikeville Invitational Tournament. They were the best team, no question. Kudos to Pikeville for playing hard tonight. They were facing an uphill battle and they played hard the whole game.

Holmes was playing without their best player, IMO, in Greg Rice, and their 6th man in Avery.

Last year Holmes had a tendency to play down to their competition from time to time and that may have happened this week.

Still 26 points is 26 points....

Avery played both nights, but I am sure Rice would make a difference. Holmes led by 13 entering the 4th quarter, then their man to man pressure finally got to Pikeville. I was surprised Pikeville kept ot close for most of the game. Pikeville is relying on some very young guards with not much experience and actually hung tough. I look for them to have a say in the wide open 15th. You will see Holmes in Rupp in March.

When did Holmes take out their starters?? Pikeville couldn't play that close to Holmes unless Holmes took out their starters early!!

You are wrong again Nets!! They only brought 9 players and the starters played just about the whole game. They are very good, but you don't seem to want to give the young Panthers much credit! They have played two region favorites (Paintsville and Holmes) very respectable!! With more time in a new system you might get a big surprise come March!!!

Holmes did not impress me at all! Especially to be ranked 13th in the state! Maybe Greg Rice being out is the difference. I am REALLY surprised that Holmes didn't press the entire game. They played tough defense when the Refs would let them. I tell you one thing, if you are not in the 15th Region and you play there, YOU CAN FORGET IT! That is why the game stayed so close. The Refs wouldn't let Holmes play defense! The way Holmes played the last 4 minutes is the way I expected them to play the entire tourney. Would also like to note that the Brandon May kid from Sheldon Clark is a stud! The boy can play!

You are wrong again Nets!! They only brought 9 players and the starters played just about the whole game. They are very good, but you don't seem to want to give the young Panthers much credit! They have played two region favorites (Paintsville and Holmes) very respectable!! With more time in a new system you might get a big surprise come March!!!

Not wrong doubledribble, didn't you see my ???? I was asking a question! I have a lot of respect for the young Pikeville team and certainly their coach, but there is no way that they should have been able to hang with Holmes this close! I don't think the Panthers will be a problem for many teams this year, but I look for them to be very competitive over the next few years as their players gain experience and Coach Williams gets everything established. And yes they did play Paintsville close, but I think it was more poor play by Paintsville than great play by Pikeville. Paintsville isn't playing like a regional favorite right now, even though they are 3-1.