Southwestern 41 South Laurel 19

cammando

I was listening to the end of this game on the way home and the announcers were talking about the terrible job the refs were doing. They said there were 8 off-setting unsportsman like penalties. That's crazy and a good way to let a game get out of hand. As I know many of the crews I would like to know which crew was calling this game! Congrats to SW on the win!

I was listening to the end of this game on the way home and the announcers were talking about the terrible job the refs were doing. They said there were 8 off-setting unsportsman like penalties. That's crazy and a good way to let a game get out of hand. As I know many of the crews I would like to know which crew was calling this game! Congrats to SW on the win!

Two of the guys on this crew looked like they may have graduated high school last year.......Southwestern was clearly the better football team in this game but the officiating was terrible. On every flag it would take all 5 refs about 5-6 mins to huddle and then come out with the call. In no way did the officials decide the outcome in this game as Southwestern just dominated the line of scrimmage in this one but in my 25 yrs of following high school football, this may have been the poorest performance from an officiating crew that I have seen. Teams have bad nights, coaches have bad nights, officials have bad nights and in this game it was obvious this crew was not ready to call a varsity football game.

It was Tammie's crew.. Nuff said.

Some people really need to stop complaining and start reffing if they don't like the way the games are called.

I was at the game last night also and must agree with Cammando. That was the worst crew of all time. They struggled the whole night and were completely clueless. Sorry zebra but these guys had no idea what they were doing. I am not one for harping on the officiating neither but this is not the first time i have seen and heard of Tammies crew struggling. Besides all of that SW did dominate the game and Dustin Powell put on another great show. Why he is not getting any more recognition state wide is puzzling to me.

Was gonna type sounded like Tammes crew until someone mentioned. Hate to harp bc it is a hard job, but that crew is bad. Seen them a few other times as well.

Two of the guys on this crew looked like they may have graduated high school last year.......Southwestern was clearly the better football team in this game but the officiating was terrible. On every flag it would take all 5 refs about 5-6 mins to huddle and then come out with the call. In no way did the officials decide the outcome in this game as Southwestern just dominated the line of scrimmage in this one but in my 25 yrs of following high school football, this may have been the poorest performance from an officiating crew that I have seen. Teams have bad nights, coaches have bad nights, officials have bad nights and in this game it was obvious this crew was not ready to call a varsity football game.

Some people really need to stop complaining and start reffing if they don't like the way the games are called.

This is the same argument that every official gives when a crew is ridiculed. They must teach this response at rules clinics. I'm a paramedic, if I screw up, I don't tell people, "hey, if you don't like it become a paramedic".

I agree. It is easy to sit up in the stands and complain. I'd like to see some of those complaining get off their butts and show up and become officials.

Agree ! Weak excuse. You are there to do a job. Do it!

More importantly IMO isn't the quick call you may have to make but knowing the rules. If you miss a call ok, admit you missed it and move on. Don't compound the situation by not knowing the rule book in and out.

This is the same argument that every official gives when a crew is ridiculed. They must teach this response at rules clinics. I'm a paramedic, if I screw up, I don't tell people, "hey, if you don't like it become a paramedic".

These two schools are also very hard to ref a game for. They have a history that goes way back and they are always trying to get at each other. I am not making excuses for any crew. I am just saying that it is easy to say it was bad but do most people actually know the rules and how to enforce them. I am guessing not because most coaches don't even know.

These two schools are also very hard to ref a game for. They have a history that goes way back and they are always trying to get at each other. I am not making excuses for any crew. I am just saying that it is easy to say it was bad but do most people actually know the rules and how to enforce them. I am guessing not because most coaches don't even know.

Also' date=' most associations need more officials.[/quote']

I'll agree with these statements. I know many don't know the rules, and think they do. And, I also agree that most areas need more officials.

But, I have to admit that I get very frustrated when I know a rule, or rules, better then the officials that are officiating the game. That makes me want to pull what hair I have left out. And, should never happen, by the way.