Nice Article on Highlands Carter New

leatherneck

Nice article on a focused young man.

My question is this. Freshman year New was the QB for the freshman team. Where was Towles? Did he play another position?

P. Towles played safety, lead N. Ky. in interceptions. What a turn around.

Nice article on a focused young man.

My question is this. Freshman year New was the QB for the freshman team. Where was Towles? Did he play another position?

Carter was the better QB and Patrick was the better DB when they were freshman. Patrick was the 5th string QB at the start of summer practice his soph year.

What Highlands does better than most is evaluate their own talent and move that talent to places where they can have success.

Wow very nice article. I sat in front of Coach Shields and the New family last night at a FTJRFL game and heard so many people complimenting him on the article but I hadn't read it yet. He was so gracious and that guy is at just about every event his grandkids participate in. Carter is very fortunate to have great parents and family around him. I know he has always been very polite to me and you can tell he has tremendous values kudos to the Enquirer for sharing the positive story.

True story. About a week, or maybe two weeks ago I was talking to someone I knew and they mentioned that Carter might be playing music some where. I didn't think much of it(Didn't know who Carter was though he was not presented as just Carter). Then they said ya he play's music but he also plays football for Highlands which got me a little bit more interested. I asked what his last name was and I recognized it. All they had to say despite my interest in his football was "you should really hear him play music", having heard about how great of an athlete he was for Highlands I didn't think too much of it. Honestly when I clicked on the article and started reading I just started laughing, in my head when I heard he played music I was just thinking ok but apparently he's REALLY good at football too. Hat's off to the young man, he seems like he's got his head on straight.

Carter was the better QB and Patrick was the better DB when they were freshman. Patrick was the 5th string QB at the start of summer practice his soph year.

What Highlands does better than most is evaluate their own talent and move that talent to places where they can have success.

I would bet money on them over probably most NFL and College teams, especially when you consider their enrollment and continued success. Highlands coach's just have a good system of making athletes and making them successful. I will say this, another thing they do very well is their speed and strength conditioning. I've known a few guys that went to Highlands, and played with some in various sports after HS, and while they weren't anyone that I was really intimidated by before we started playing the game, I always seemed to leave the field of play kind of surprised by their over all athleticism and versatility; Highlands doesn't really groom beast's like you here about at some school's but they'll graduate 20-30 great athlete's almost every year.