Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

JR Elite Showcase/Buckeye Prep Showcase

Featured Replies

What local players are going to either the JR Elite Showcase in Lville or the Buckeye Prep Showcase in Columbus the weekend of September 24-25? The Buckeye Prep shows over 250 kids signed up. Both will have kids from 6th grade to 12th grade. Should be a good weekend of basketball at both location.

Isn't there a KHSAA rule that prevents high school players from partipating in events such as this? I remember something like that from years past.

  • Author

I don't know. I know the Ohio Prep is loaded with high school age talent. The playes are listed on the website. Maybe it's different in KY, but you would think the Basketball Academy would know that too.

Isn't there a KHSAA rule that prevents high school players from partipating in events such as this? I remember something like that from years past.
I don't think that there's any rule that prevents a kid out of season from events like this. It would be no different than participating in an open gym.
I don't know. I know the Ohio Prep is loaded with high school age talent. The playes are listed on the website. Maybe it's different in KY, but you would think the Basketball Academy would know that too.

 

What is the link? Thanks

I don't think that there's any rule that prevents a kid out of season from events like this. It would be no different than participating in an open gym.

 

Unless the rule has been changed in the past two years there is a KHSAA rule prohibiting participation in showcase events or tournaments once the first day of school has started. Local player from Dixie Hts lost a couple of games to KHSAA suspension a couple of years ago to this rule.

Do you have a link to that rule.

I think that Ohio also has a rule about kids playing AAU ball after school has started would be ineligible to play school ball. So I am also trying to figure out if a showcase falls in a different category?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.