Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fantasy Football Trade Advice

Featured Replies

Figured we could have a thread for this because I know people will be asking all the time. I will start it off.

 

I will be getting WR Santonio Holmes NYJ and giving up RB Shonn Greene NYJ.

 

Standard scoring.

 

My RBs:

Chris Johnson

Matt Forte

Shonn Greene

Fred Jackson

Brandon Jacobs

 

My WRs:

Brandon Marshall

Anquan Boldin

Braylon Edwards

Deion Branch

Nate Burleson

 

Thoughts: I like the upgrade at WR, but I'm not sure its worth losing out on a good/strong RB. Especially thinking CJ might be injury prone from missing the majority of the preseason. What would you do?

  • Replies 35
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a diehard Jets fan, I think Greene will be a better producer than Holmes. Santonio could have a great year, but I really think Shonn Greene is going to emerge this season. How many RB and WR do you play?

Do it

  • Author
As a diehard Jets fan, I think Greene will be a better producer than Holmes. Santonio could have a great year, but I really think Shonn Greene is going to emerge this season. How many RB and WR do you play?

 

Sorry, should have mentioned that. We start 2 RB's and 2 WR's...with a RB/WR Flex.

  • Author
Do it

 

I'd do it.

 

Really? Man I am torn. I'm leaning towards no because I'm worried about CJ going down at some point. But even more so, I love that I have 3 solid RB's in my starting lineup. Trading away Greene means that Fred Jackson or a WR becomes my flex starter.

 

I tried countering for Fred Jackson, but because of bye weeks, he said no. Original deal is still on the table though.

MY MISTAKE. DON'T DO IT. I misread it, I thought you were getting Green.

Really? Man I am torn. I'm leaning towards no because I'm worried about CJ going down at some point. But even more so, I love that I have 3 solid RB's in my starting lineup. Trading away Greene means that Fred Jackson or a WR becomes my flex starter.

 

I tried countering for Fred Jackson, but because of bye weeks, he said no. Original deal is still on the table though.

Didn't Fred Jackson just retire?
  • Author
MY MISTAKE. DON'T DO IT. I misread it, I thought you were getting Green.

 

Okay haha! Threw me off when you said to do it right away.

 

Didn't Fred Jackson just retire?

 

I sure hope not? Did he? I haven't watched ESPN in the last day or two, but just checked CBS Sportsline and it didnt' have any update about it? Nothing from a google search either?

Didn't Fred Jackson just retire?
Wrong Fred. It was Fred Taylor
  • Author
Wrong Fred. It was Fred Taylor

 

Godot...you're killing me today! haha!

To many irons in the fire

Sorry, should have mentioned that. We start 2 RB's and 2 WR's...with a RB/WR Flex.

 

I think your receivers are solid enough. My personal preference is using a RB in the flex position, and you have three very good ones. I vote to stick with what you've got.

I think it comes down to one simple opinion...

 

Do you think Shonn Greene will be the beast that the Jets are hyping up and many are predicting?

 

Or, like me, do you think he'll be solid but not great?

 

Your guess on Greene determines whether you make this trade. My guess is that Jacobs and Jackson will be similar to him this season, meaning you can afford to deal him because you don't need 5 backs. I do think you could use a third good WR to go with Marshall and Boldin. It safeguards your lineup against at least one injury by still allowing you to field 2 strong RB's, WR's and a strong flex. As it is now, unless Burleson surprises, I think an injury to Marshall or Boldin leaves you with a big drop at your #2 WR. Holmes could step right in, IMO.

 

I do think Greene's upside is much higher than Jacobs and Jackson should he pan out. No chance the other guy will take one of the other backs, or a combo of one of them and a WR? I'd try it in any case.

  • Author
I think your receivers are solid enough. My personal preference is using a RB in the flex position, and you have three very good ones. I vote to stick with what you've got.

 

My thoughts exactly! And I turned it down, but he just now countered and offered Santonio Holmes and Steve Breaston for Shonn Greene, but I don't think that really sweetness the deal much for me.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.