Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 27 Campbell County 6 (Frosh)

Featured Replies

The game will be played tonight at Campbell Co. @6:00

The game was canceled yesterday due to the heat.

I know, it's killing me!!!!

I changed my schedule & canceled some things to get to the game yesterday @ Cov Cath...

Can't make the same changes today.

I'm just a little bummed!!!

27-6; Cov Cath.

1. 6-0 CCH

2. 12-6 CCH

3. 27 - CCH

Also the final.

I don't have details, I was getting updates by the quarter.

  • Author

CovCath's defense bent but did not break.

Campbell had it 1st and goal twice in the first half but CovCath defense held.

On offense the CovCath QB Wagner had a very good game, throwing for 3 scores.

He had 3 or 4 receivers with more than 3 catches.

CovCath did not run the ball very well, except for a 37 yard TD run (#36).

Campbell Co is big, #32 and #33 are very good players, but they hardly left the field, which cost them late in the game.

TOG was there so hopefully he can give a better game summary.

All in all good win for the Colonels.

The CovCath "Seniors in Training" complete the sweep of Campbell County by defeating the Camels by a score of 27-6.

 

QB Freshmen QB Adam Wagner threw three TD passes to three different receivers, while CovCath Freshmen RB Gus Vonlehman ran for one TD.

 

The Camels were represented well by their QB #33 Metz and RB #32 Thomas.

 

Scoring Summary

 

6-0 Campbell County

0:40 1st quarter

Robert Metz 8 yard TD run

Arguelles PAT no good Blocked

 

6-6

8:00 2nd quarter

Adam Wagner 12 yard TD pass to Logan McDowell

Clark PAT no good hit the goal post

 

12-6 CovCath

2:24 2nd quarter

Adam Wagner 16 yard TD pass to Drake Ficke

Adam Waqner PAT pass failed

 

20-6 CovCath

3:19 3rd quarter

Adam Wagner 40 yard TD pass to Brain Haughey

Adam Wagner PAT run good

 

27-6 CovCath

0:10 3rd quarter

Gus Vonleham 45 yard TD run

Clark PAT good

 

The CovCath 'seniors in training" start the season with a victory and now stand 1-0 and will next play Cooper @ Cooper on Thursday September 1st

Edited by Theoldguy

I know, it's killing me!!!!

I changed my schedule & canceled some things to get to the game yesterday @ Cov Cath...

Can't make the same changes today.

I'm just a little bummed!!!

 

CovCath had no choice but to cancel the game as the heat index on the field was above the 104 allowed by the KHSAA by a wide margin. The breeze felt great and made it feel much cooler than it was but the KHSAA and "lawyers" are quite harsh (as well as they should be) if a players gets a heat related illness while playing a game when the heat index is above 104.

tog, how does this CCH Frosh team compare to ones in the past? I heard going into last night that CCH thought this was going to be a really good Frosh team.

CovCath had no choice but to cancel the game as the heat index on the field was above the 104 allowed by the KHSAA by a wide margin. The breeze felt great and made it feel much cooler than it was but the KHSAA and "lawyers" are quite harsh (as well as they should be) if a players gets a heat related illness while playing a game when the heat index is above 104.
I know how it works, I was just bummed that I couldn't adjust my schedule 2 days in a row. I wanted to see the youngsters play.
tog, how does this CCH Frosh team compare to ones in the past? I heard going into last night that CCH thought this was going to be a really good Frosh team.
A lot of talent & fairly deep, not much on size this year, but they should grow....
tog, how does this CCH Frosh team compare to ones in the past? I heard going into last night that CCH thought this was going to be a really good Frosh team.

 

I was told there is a lot of depth on this team. Maybe not many "studs" but a lot of kids that can play and that was the main difference against the Camels. Heard good things about the Camels main players especially the backfield so there is some talent on that team.

Thanks guys, NKY Frosh ball should be interesting this year.

Thanks guys, NKY Frosh ball should be interesting this year.

 

HHS seems to , once again, be the prohibitive favorite.

HHS seems to , once again, be the prohibitive favorite.

 

I blame the youth league in Fort Thomas!

I blame the youth league in Fort Thomas!

 

The great coaching throughout the Bluebird program gets a fair share of the blame as well.

As Clyde said, not many studs but a solid team of "PLAYERS" who play together and already have the CovCath spirit that will not die mentality!

 

Campbell County on the other hand had a stud of a player in #32 Thomas but every time Thomas ran the ball, there were always three and or more Seniors in Training there to hit him.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.