Madisonville-North Hopkins vs Graves County predictions

Which team will win?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will win?

• Madisonville-North Hopkins
    • Graves Co

Madisonville looked good in their scrimmages and has a couple of real playmakers, but after the injury and subsequent calling of the game against Christian County I’m not sure how much that has affected them. I don’t know much about Graves other than they are usually about a 5-5 team that generally loses to the better teams out west like Mayfield, PT, and Henderson.

Going to go with Madisonville by a couple of TDs.

Edited by FC
edit mistake

Its tough to get a read on Graves. Seems noone ever talks about them in the preseason and sometimes they come out alot better than perceived and at others, not as good. They're a guarded bunch out there. If I recall, they didn't lose alot from last years team and they were pretty young, so, I'd expect them to be somewhat improved and they werent bad last year.

Madisonville is probably the better team, because Graves is very young this year. I'm pulling for Graves but it will be hard for them to match the playmakers Madville has.

As far as their history, it's a little better than FC stated. According to the KHSAA website, Graves has won 6 or more games for the past 6 out of 7 years. They are 4-3 vs PT since 2004, winning four straight from 2006 to 2009 and are 3-4 vs Mayfield since 2004. You are right about Henderson, they have played them close the last two years 2009 was 13-0 and 2010 was 24-17, but they have not beaten them in a while. Not a dominate program by any means, but of course they play a 6A (now 5A) schedule and not 1A or 3A so wins are a little harder to come by than if they played a 1A or 3A schedule. And if I'm not mistaken FC, Graves handed your team one of it's few regular season losses during your run from 2007 - 2009

Not many people know much about Graves so just wanted to throw out some info.

Madisonville should win several in a row. Looking at their schedule, they might have a game with Owensboro and when they go to Lone Oak. With as many seniors as they have, and the schedule they have, they should easily win 8 games if not 9 this year.