Should Maxine Waters Receive A House Rebuke?

I don't care if someone gets bothered nor condemn one if they get bothered as long as they're basing it on facts. If SOB bothers you, so be it. Seems odd to me but I cuss a lot so SOB doesn't quite phase me. If an elected official that I can't vote for says for me or my group to "go to hell" what options do I really have? I've got enough real problems to deal with before being bothered by comments that have no bearing on my life. Sure, I may comment on them but it truly is a "no biggie." Again, I'm numb to these comments made about our current and former President.

I'm in agreement with you. I am sure the words are used around you like they are me and often they come from my mouth. However, I rarely use them out of spite and hate and that is where I often draw the line. A lot of us college kids do not have a broad vocabulary and these phrases are used quite a bit.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand the violence part. I don't think the comments were a call to people to grab your guns and torches and take back America.

The problem is that you were taking me to task when my sole argument was that BBfamily had no clue what he was talking about.

I might be stunned but based on who you defend, what you defend and what you advocate for, it's clear you are center left.

I defend any and all against inaccurate claims or ignorance.

I've defended George Bush, Sen. McCain, President Obama, plus some that get me labeled as a lefty. I'm about dead center. I'm far left when it comes to ignorant R and i'm far right when it comes to ignorant D.

I don't fall into line with many on here and because of that I get pegged as being of certain mind. I can live with that.

I defend any and all against inaccurate claims or ignorance.

I've defended George Bush, Sen. McCain, President Obama, plus some that get me labeled as a lefty. I'm about dead center. I'm far left when it comes to ignorant R and i'm far right when it comes to ignorant D.

I don't fall into line with many on here and because of that I get pegged as being of certain mind. I can live with that.

Good to know. I always have fun debating you.

Joe Wilson was factually correct when he called Obama a liar.. Not very many folks defended him..

If your wife is fat and ugly it doesn't give me the right to walk up , spit in her face, and call her a fat tub of lard,right? Even if she is?

Then why does Hoffa have the right to call folks SOB's?

He does have the right. My point in regards to your claim about Mr Wilson is that just because you're right doesn't mean it's acceptable to say it. You certainly don't yell out at a State of the Union address that the POTUS is a liar. I certainly wouldn't expect to tell you your wife is a fat tub of goo even if I was right.

If Mr Wilson was talking to his constituents I would still call it disrespectful but I certainly wouldn't raise it to the level of saying it at the State of the Union. Mr Hoffa was talking to his constituents. We can certainly decry the pejorative but let's not get carried away and raise it to the level of Mr Wilson.

A lot of double-speak in post #68. If it is the truth and OK to say in one situation, then it should be OK to speak the truth any time and place.

Some need to face the fact that Obama called for a new tone, but it is his his followers who are ignoring his call for civility.

The reason I believe they are doing this is to distract everyone from his failures. He has gotten a lot of legislation passed, but they are failures in getting the economy going. He needs the distractions to be reelected, because if he has to run on his record, he loses.

He even needs these distractions for his own base, as they are mad at him for not being even more liberal.

A lot of double-speak in post #68. If it is the truth and OK to say in one situation, then it should be OK to speak the truth any time and place.

Some need to face the fact that Obama called for a new tone, but it is his his followers who are ignoring his call for civility.

The reason I believe they are doing this is to distract everyone from his failures. He has gotten a lot of legislation passed, but they are failures in getting the economy going. He needs the distractions to be reelected, because if he has to run on his record, he loses.

He even needs these distractions for his own base, as they are mad at him for not being even more liberal.

Says the guy who thought that it was a call to violence.

Says the guy who thought that it was a call to violence.

Thats it, always try to move away from the true intent. As I said Obama needs to distract everyone so he does not have to run on his failures.

I'll give you credit for trying to defend your candidate, but I will do my best to not allow the distractions to sway voters.

Thats it, always try to move away from the true intent. .

Do you not read all of the posts? 4 times I've referenced the need for the POTUS to make a comment on this or the way it was handled.

As I've stated previously, my issue , and the reason I addressed your post with my first post in this thread, is that too many people including YOU either choose to ignore the intent or are not smart enough to GET the intent of Hoffa's comment.

If you want to debate the President's 3 years in office start a new thread. It hasn't been a strong run yet and not many would argue that.