Team Players

Are “team players” the unsung and unheralded players on a high school football team? While they don’t make “good press” for a reporter’s career, they are the foundation of the team. What do you think?

I think team players are good, but I also think good players are team players.

Are you talking about "Role Players" - players that aren't the stars but have a "Role" to make the team better.

Some may laugh but the best team players are the team managers! Think about them in this heat attending to the needs of the players and coaches. They are on the field at least an half an hour to forth five minutes prior to the players and they are still there when the players have left the field. They never get their names in the paper, they never get any respect from the fans in the stands but a outstanding mangers staff can make life easy for the coaches and players.

Theoldguy tips his hats to all of you "Team Managers" who work your butts off to support your High School Team and especially to you "Mr. Jackson" @ CovCath!

Football is the ultimate "team player"/"role player" sport. No other sport teaches as much about "doing your job without fanfare" than football.

Exactly, that is why I am so passionate about the sport. There is a spot for everyone to help, and a team of average players can beat a team with a superstar every Friday. If you can't learn about life from football, you can learn about life.

Exactly, that is why I am so passionate about the sport. There is a spot for everyone to help, and a team of average players can beat a team with a superstar every Friday. If you can't learn about life from football, you can learn about life.
Thats a great statement and very true, the team that won our district last year is a good example.

Are “team players” the unsung and unheralded players on a high school football team? While they don’t make “good press” for a reporter’s career, they are the foundation of the team. What do you think?

In my opinion, "team players" are the backbone of great teams like Highlands and I'm sure Trinity. A few seasons ago, Highlands was able to get a player to move from RB, where he had been one of the teams leading rushers, to Guard because he served the team better there. No complaints, no raving from his parents, he just moved. He turned out to be an outstanding guard. That's what they get, kids that just want to play and win.

Some may laugh but the best team players are the team managers! Think about them in this heat attending to the needs of the players and coaches. They are on the field at least an half an hour to forth five minutes prior to the players and they are still there when the players have left the field. They never get their names in the paper, they never get any respect from the fans in the stands but a outstanding mangers staff can make life easy for the coaches and players.

Theoldguy tips his hats to all of you "Team Managers" who work your butts off to support your High School Team and especially to you "Mr. Jackson" @ CovCath!

I completely agree. Take managers away from the team and people would quickly realize how you really need them.