Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

10th Region Forecast

Featured Replies

Unless your name is Newport Central Catholic, you can go ahead and cancel your travel plans to go to state. The winner this year of district 37 (NCC) hosts the Region 10 tourney this year. So, Region 10 champ pretenders (like GRC, Campbell County) barring a colossal collapse by NCC, you are going to have to beat NCC in their own gym to go to state. Good luck with that. Now, having recently seen NCC again, they will keep you in the game by making a lot of serving errors (serving them long - which I guess is better than short) so the score might be closer than the match actually is, but it will still be a thorough(bred) thrashing of Region 10.

 

So do you already have your travel plans made?????

  • Replies 43
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So do you already have your travel plans made?????
What plans ? . You drive down , you drive back . You have fun and hope for the best .
What plans ? . You drive down , you drive back . You have fun and hope for the best .

 

See the post I quoted. According to that post all teams except NCC shouldn't even show up for the region tourney.

By the way ,the eight grader from St Joseph's Cold Spring that is playing varsity for Brossart is reportedly going to Notre Dame next year . Best of luck to her .

See the post I quoted. According to that post all teams except NCC shouldn't even show up for the region tourney.
And I meant that if NCC wins the 10th I don't need make any plans , I'll drive down to Bellarmine and then drive back to Southgate .
And I meant that if NCC wins the 10th I don't need make any plans , I'll drive down to Bellarmine and then drive back to Southgate .

 

Believe he/she was also refering to the teams not to make any plans to go to State because NCC was a lock to win it all....region being on their home court.

Believe he/she was also refering to the teams not to make any plans to go to State because NCC was a lock to win it all....region being on their home court.
I hope we hold it . We have a great view from the Hill and I hope to see GRC there if we hold it there .
According to that post all teams except NCC shouldn't even show up for the region tourney.

 

Gheeze - You guys could screw up a free lunch. I said "Unless your name is Newport Central Catholic, you can go ahead and cancel your travel plans to go to state." Why would I post not to go to Regionals? Everybody and their brother goes to Regionals. This is the Region 10 forum, correct? Let me try again. Part 1 - NCC is a 100% lock to win their district and therefore host the Regionals for Region 10. Part 2 - NCC is a 100% lock to win Regionals on their home floor and go to state. I'm not referring to Region 2, 7 or 117. But in Region 10, you may have a nice run, but it will stop with NCC winning on their home court. Thanks for coming. Drive safely.

 

I swear, I'm goin to stop taking my youngest to watch NCC play so I will stop feeling compelled to post about them. I'm moving on now. How long until Big Blue Madness?

Gheeze - You guys could screw up a free lunch. I said "Unless your name is Newport Central Catholic, you can go ahead and cancel your travel plans to go to state." Why would I post not to go to Regionals? Everybody and their brother goes to Regionals. This is the Region 10 forum, correct? Let me try again. Part 1 - NCC is a 100% lock to win their district and therefore host the Regionals for Region 10. Part 2 - NCC is a 100% lock to win Regionals on their home floor and go to state. I'm not referring to Region 2, 7 or 117. But in Region 10, you may have a nice run, but it will stop with NCC winning on their home court. Thanks for coming. Drive safely.

 

 

 

I swear, I'm goin to stop taking my youngest to watch NCC play so I will stop feeling compelled to post about them. I'm moving on now. How long until Big Blue Madness?

 

So was I refering to region 10. According to you, quote: "NCC is a 100% lock to win their district and therefore host the Regionals for Region 10. Part 2 - NCC is a 100% lock to win Regionals on their home floor and go to state."

So we should just cancel the 10th region tourney and give the title to NCC... ......

  • Author

Your Bravado is admirable (although sensability is questionable), but no one is bullet-proof or unbeatable on thier home court. A lot of teams have thought they were locks and been sent packing (even with home-court advantage).

 

There are plenty of games to be played, lets just see how it all works out before placing crowns on teams.

So we should just cancel the 10th region tourney and give the title to NCC... ......

Well now you're just being ridiculous. How about this - give NCC the title, but let everyone else play for second. Saves time, rests NCC for state, and all the other teams still get to play. Deal?

Well now you're just being ridiculous. How about this - give NCC the title, but let everyone else play for second. Saves time, rests NCC for state, and all the other teams still get to play. Deal?

 

Now this is being ridiculous.......

A lot of teams have thought they were locks and been sent packing (even with home-court advantage)

 

Quick - name one. Name a volleyball team that dominated their region all seaon, then played a district or regional match on their home court and lost. You can't. This isn't basketball.

 

Last year NDA lost regionals to St. Henry, but it wasn't at home. And I wouldn't say NDA was especially dominant in the region last year (they are this year.)

 

The annual Region 7 showdown between Assumption and Sacred Heart is played at a neutral site, and neither of them dominates their region like NCC does becuase there's simply better competition in Region 7.

NCC has an very talented, determined, and might I add respectful group of young ladies. They are a lot of fun to watch play and I wish them success the rest of the regular season and into and through the post season.

  • Author
Quick - name one. Name a volleyball team that dominated their region all seaon, then played a district or regional match on their home court and lost. You can't. This isn't basketball.

 

Last year NDA lost regionals to St. Henry, but it wasn't at home. And I wouldn't say NDA was especially dominant in the region last year (they are this year.)

 

The annual Region 7 showdown between Assumption and Sacred Heart is played at a neutral site, and neither of them dominates their region like NCC does becuase there's simply better competition in Region 7.

 

 

Rowan County in either 2007 or 2008. Lost on thier home floor in the regional championship. Undefeated in district play and 13-3 in region. And there are at least 4 or 5 more, but quite honestly I am not wasting my time with a Homer like you. So check yourself and your facts before trolling further. If you have good conversation about this thread, please continue; if not. Move along - you have established the fact that you believe that NCC will win it all.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.