Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pleasure Ridge Park 6 Lexington Catholic 5 (9 innings)

Featured Replies

To people in central ky Catholic is Lexington Catholic,Central is Madison Central.Dunbar is Paul Lawrence Dunbar,Station is Bryan Station.Who really cares.KyTmcNcc who are the "BREDS",I have no idea an could care less,use the proper name not "BREDS".

Is it really that big of a deal? People in Northern Kentucky shorten Newport Central Catholic to New Cath. Are they really the "New" Catholic school in the state of KY? No. It's just convenient and easy and still not the "proper name of the school". Maybe it is even "lazy".

 

It is asinine to think that Lexington Catholic fans or anyone from the Central KY area uses the phrase "Catholic" to imply that they are the only Catholic school in the state of KY. Just as Newport Central Catholic through local colloquialism has become "New Cath". It's just hard to believe that these Northern Kentucky Catholic high schools feel like they are being slighted because people tend to refer to Lexington Catholic as just "Catholic". Get over yourselves and stop looking for something to complain about.

 

NewCath didn't come from Newport Central Catholic, it came from the all boys school New"port" Catholic.

 

Are they really the "New" Catholic school in the state of KY? No!

 

Well actually yes they are, or I believe they are since the merger of Our Lady of Providence and Newport Catholic merged to make Newport Central Catholic! I am not aware of any newer Catholic High School in Kentucky than Newport Central Catholic. If there is one, I will apologize in advance to that school!:D

Wow, but since we are talking about it, a few more examples. Tates Creek is Creek, West Jessimine is West, East Jessimine is East. I am sure there are many more that have been shortened, but, who should really care anyway. I think its more that when someone says Catholic the thought process goes right away to Lexington Catholic no matter where you are located in Kentucky. Again, who cares.

Wow, but since we are talking about it, a few more examples. Tates Creek is Creek, West Jessimine is West, East Jessimine is East. I am sure there are many more that have been shortened, but, who should really care anyway. I think its more that when someone says Catholic the thought process goes right away to Lexington Catholic no matter where you are located in Kentucky. Again, who cares.

 

I think that is where a couple people have an issue. The bold just isn't true. I guarantee you that no one in N. Ky. or Louisville thinks Lexington Catholic if they here someone say Catholic. Say Catholic in those areas, and I am sure the other person will give you a puzzled look and say which Catholic. Saying Catholic for LexCath (:D) probably works in Lexington but no where else IMO. And I see no problem with it in Lexington but if posting on BGP or talking around the state, expect people to ask who you are talking about.

VOR, I think that is a very fair assessment of the situation. It works for that area so I don't see any reason for them to have to change there ways because it is done differently in NKY or Louisville. If someone says Catholic (most likely out of habit) when they are in a different area, and someone asks them which one they are referring to, then those people obviously shouldn't be offended to say "Lexington". If they are then that is a whole other ball of wax that they need to get over.

 

It doesn't even seem like a big deal to say Catholic under a Lexington Catholic titled thread on BGP. If someone can't deduce about whom he/she is talking, read a few posts from above and try to figure it out.

 

It just seems silly to me that people jump to the assumption that Catholic is used to imply some sort of elitist status over the rest of the Catholic schools in the Commonwealth. It is merely convenience as are all the other examples provided in this thread.

VOR, I think that is a very fair assessment of the situation. It works for that area so I don't see any reason for them to have to change there ways because it is done differently in NKY or Louisville. If someone says Catholic (most likely out of habit) when they are in a different area, and someone asks them which one they are referring to, then those people obviously shouldn't be offended to say "Lexington". If they are then that is a whole other ball of wax that they need to get over.

 

It doesn't even seem like a big deal to say Catholic under a Lexington Catholic titled thread on BGP. If someone can't deduce about whom he/she is talking, read a few posts from above and try to figure it out.

 

It just seems silly to me that people jump to the assumption that Catholic is used to imply some sort of elitist status over the rest of the Catholic schools in the Commonwealth. It is merely convenience as are all the other examples provided in this thread.

Not it at all it just reminds me of a sign that I saw at a football game in the south central part of the state " Beat the Cat licks " I thought that the Know -Nothing party disbanded before the 1860 election . Or when NCC is called Newport it is just galling to me that people are too lazy to get the School's proper name down correctly .

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.