Volleyball Realignment

Right !!

Never been a huge VB fan but when NDA when to the State Tourney in my Daughters freshmen year in Frankfort we went. We got there early and sat down and saw two teams (neither were from the Louisville or NKy area) and I was stunned. The two teams were playing VB like you do on a 4th of July picnic in your back yard. I though my god you have got to be kidding me.

I think it was two years ago (last time it was held at NKU) and again I saw two teams in the State Tourney play against each other in a first round game that a large number of teams from the NKy area would have completely destroyed.

So with this switch, now you will see even more poor quality VB at the State Tourney level. Darn shame!

I for one am glad to see NDA and NCC in the same region. It makes for a great region tourney. I dont really care if that means a weaker team from another region makes the tourney. That's life. Ask Holy Cross and Ryle baseball about not making the region. Ask Louisville teams about not making the Sweet 16.

NKY fans should be thrilled to see an improvement in the region.

Two of the best teams in the state and one will knock the other out in in regionals. That doesn't seem right. It is a shame something can't be done so that the best teams make it to state.

Happens all the time in Lexington and Louisville in basketball.

Happens all the time in Lexington and Louisville in basketball.

Clyde the difference and it is indeed huge, is the difference in the competition throughout the Commonwealth in VB. In Basketball sure teams from Louisville and Lexington have to beat some top ten teams to get out of their Regions but then again most of the Regions throughout the Commonwealth have a few quality teams in Basketball.

In VB, not ever Region has a team that could beat any of the top team heck even the bottom teams from NKy or Louisville. It is a completely different game in parts of the Commonwealth from what is played in Louisville and NKy.

Clyde the difference and it is indeed huge, is the difference in the competition throughout the Commonwealth in VB. In Basketball sure teams from Louisville and Lexington have to beat some top ten teams to get out of their Regions but then again most of the Regions throughout the Commonwealth have a few quality teams in Basketball.

In VB, not ever Region has a team that could beat any of the top team heck even the bottom teams from NKy or Louisville. It is a completely different game in parts of the Commonwealth from what is played in Louisville and NKy.

IMO it is not the KHSAA's job to align teams to form the best state tourney.

There were not 16 regions. There were 8 - so 2 teams from each region advanced to state. Now, with many schools adding volleyball there have been many changes which have brought about the new 16 regions & the state tournament now as we know it. It is the fair way to do it. Unfortunately, the result is a very lopsided state tournament.

This new alignment will certainly give an advantage to St. Patrick/Campbell Co/Harrison Co after this season (in the 10th). But they did make it harder on NCC moving them to the 9th, and putting Sacred Heart and Assumption in the 7th. Only one can move on.............