Bourbon County 4 Harrison County 3 (11 Innings)

Final. Bourbon County improves to 25-8 while Harrison County finishes the season at 20-10. Brandon Kendall pitches a solid 9 innings for the Thorobreds giving up only 1 earned run. Harrison flirted with disaster all night as Bourbon County squandered chance after chance to score, but finally in the 11th they were able to finsih off the Breds.

This was one of the best high school baseball games I've ever attended. Very dramatic game. Chase Mullins for Bourbon County went 1-2, with 4 intentional walks. He also started on the mound for the Colonels, and was relieved by Chris Norman, who did an outstanding job.

Does anyone have a pitch count for Brandon Kendall of Harrison County? He pitched himself out of several jams in his 9 innings of work.

If I am not mistaken the radio had him at 140+ pitches

I knew his pitch count had to be way up there. He threw a solid major league-length game today. Harrison County's bats just pulled a disappearing act after Shane Fowler's monster home run. I believe they only had 6 hits.

Once again Harrison County competed all year and can show that they were one of the best teams in the state. My hat goes off to the 9 seniors. After losing 6 starters from the state championship team, Ryan Durbin, and one of the best pitchers in the state, Logan Dailey, those kids could have easily hung their heads. Im proud of the way they competed and represented Harrison County. Brandon Kendall and Jordan Martin controlled the pitching staff for this team while both being only 16 years old. I wish the best to Shane, Eric, Bryan, Johnson, Mason, Colton, Josh, Logan, and Ryan and would also like to thank them for the hard work and dedication that they put into this program. Congratulations to Bourbon County.

Any win against Harrison Co is a quality win---even in a year where the Bred's were faced with significant set-backs due to injury and graduation losses. They're always going to be fundamentally sound and well-disciplined. As NewCath fan, I'm glad we get invited to play them every year and the atmosphere there is the best around. Nothing like a well-positioned lawn chair on the hill, 1400 am blaring from the radio and the best steak sandwich EVER! From one 'Breds fan to another--congrats on a good year. Despite the disappointing finish, Coach Whitaker still produced one of the state's top program again this year.

I am sure Harrison Co. will miss the 9 seniors deeply, not only for their skills on the field, but for the great bunch of kids they are. Jordan Martin has already proven his pitching skills on several occasions for Harrison Co. This year Brandon Kendall rose up to the challenge to prove he can be a great benefit also. According to the radio Brandon has pitched over 51 innings this year against some good quality teams with an ERA of 1.2. With a pair of young determined pitching aces like this for 2 more years, I am sure Coach Whitaker will bring Harrison Co. back.

This was one of the best high school baseball games I've ever attended. Very dramatic game. Chase Mullins for Bourbon County went 1-2, with 4 intentional walks. He also started on the mound for the Colonels, and was relieved by Chris Norman, who did an outstanding job.

Does anyone have a pitch count for Brandon Kendall of Harrison County? He pitched himself out of several jams in his 9 innings of work.

Who will be pitching for Bourbon Co tonight in the finals?

Final. Bourbon County improves to 25-8 while Harrison County finishes the season at 20-10. Brandon Kendall pitches a solid 9 innings for the Thorobreds giving up only 1 earned run. Harrison flirted with disaster all night as Bourbon County squandered chance after chance to score, but finally in the 11th they were able to finsih off the Breds.
What time was this game over? Most 7 inning high school games last 2+hours, this one had to approach 4 hours would think. How was the heat index for this game and the one before?

The game finished a little before midnight. The heat index for this one was quite comfortable. It was warm but nothing near the heat of Monday, plus the breeze made it a great late afternoon at the ballpark and by the time the second game finished up, there was even a bit of a cool breeze under the lights.

The final is tonight at 7pm.

The game finished a little before midnight. The heat index for this one was quite comfortable. It was warm but nothing near the heat of Monday, plus the breeze made it a great late afternoon at the ballpark and by the time the second game finished up, there was even a bit of a cool breeze under the lights.

The final is tonight at 7pm.

So this game was around the 5 hour mark?