Ryle 13 Beechwood 2

Am I correct that the umpire was Chris Rolf and not Chris Roth?

Rolf. Good guy. I can't comment on the play/ejection because I wasn't there. I have been told some differing stories. But no question Chris is a good dude.

I have a very good source that was there getting ground rules and Roesel, along with everyone else there, was told with Districts starting this week, let's make sure your players know not to do anything to get an ejection, such as illegal contact with catcher, etc.. The coaches were also told no out of the ordinary bantering, etc.. on calls. So if this is the case the coach did get a warning there along with when he verbally told him out loud in front of everyone during the game. I was also told the batter said he did not get hit but not sure who he told this too.

Rolf. Good guy. I can't comment on the play/ejection because I wasn't there. I have been told some differing stories. But no question Chris is a good dude.

Chris Rolf is certainly a good guy. Maybe he didn't have his coffee on Saturday morning....whatever, the damage is done and Roesel is out for District play.

Wasn't there either, but the Coach should have the smarts not to get tossed out in the last game of the districts too. Meaningless game (except for bragging rights). No need to get tossed. Heard Beechwood's coach was tossed the night before and had two games on Saturday that freed him up to coach in the district tournament. The games were scheduled so I am not implying that he scheduled the games to avoid being out for the districts.