Why does Calhoun get a pass and Calipari can't catch a break?

Original Rookie

No argument there ...

I would add Calipari also helped turn Memphis in to more of a destination job. They have improved their facilities and support a lot thanks to Calipari's success there.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would add Calipari also helped turn Memphis in to more of a destination job. They have improved their facilities and support a lot thanks to Calipari's success there.

I agree with that. A buddy of mine mentioned Josh Pastner as a candidate at NC State or Missouri, but I told him I thought Memphis ranked among the upper echelon jobs now due to the work Calipari did there. I'm not saying it's top five, but I think it might be better than some of the current "big-time" openings.

I agree with that. A buddy of mine mentioned Josh Pastner as a candidate at NC State or Missouri, but I told him I thought Memphis ranked among the upper echelon jobs now due to the work Calipari did there. I'm not saying it's top five, but I think it might be better than some of the current "big-time" openings.

Agreed, Calipari rallied their support and with Fed Ex Forum they have a huge crowd and a nice NBA arena to sell to recruits. Plus in C-USA they can be at or near the top year in year out.