Danville 57 Lincoln County 48 OT

Really tight, exciting game in Lancaster tonight. Lincoln made a valiant effort, but struggled shooting all night. Solid performance by Danville, especially big man DeMarcus Walton who is an absolute load to handle underneath.

I think it would take a good draw, but both of these teams are capable of making a little noise in the regional tournament. Don't forget that it will be played on Lincoln's home floor.

Thanks. Good for Will. Great way for him to end his high school athletic career. Jacody must have played great tonight.

He didn't have huge numbers, but he had a really solid all-around game. All of the open looks to the rim that Ford got against Boyle were available for Taylor tonight.

One bit of bad news from this game though was Danville's Colin Turner was hurt right before halftime. It was either his ankle or lower leg. He didn't play in the second half and a couple people said they had heard he broke something but that can't be confirmed.

He didn't have huge numbers, but he had a really solid all-around game. All of the open looks to the rim that Ford got against Boyle were available for Taylor tonight.

So his name got him on the tourney team instead of Tevin then. Jacody was invisible the Boyle game save for 2 layups.

One bit of bad news from this game though was Danville's Colin Turner was hurt right before halftime. It was either his ankle or lower leg. He didn't play in the second half and a couple people said they had heard he broke something but that can't be confirmed.

Man. Hate to hear that.

So his name got him on the tourney team instead of Tevin then. Jacody was invisible the Boyle game save for 2 layups.

I wouldn't say that. Taylor definitely was the best guard on the floor tonight. Really Danville should have had four players on the team. It's had to be difficult to pick.

2/25/2011

Danville 57 Lincoln Co. 48 (OT)
Danville 14 11 8 13 11 57
Lincoln Co. 13 9 9 15 2 48
45th District at Garrard Co.

Danville (19-9) -- Ford 7, Taylor 15, Mountjoy 3, Gateskill 3, Alcorn 2, Rains 10, Turner 2, Walton 15.

Lincoln Co. (15-15) -- Edgington 16, Z. Hill 17, Ward 2, L. Hill 13, Gifford.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/11/23/1537435/latest-boys-basketball-results.html?appSession=922038881591072&RecordID=9904&PageID=3&PrevPageID=2&cpipage=1&CPIsortType=&CPIorderBy=#ixzz1F227wfJJ

I didn't realize Lincoln only scored two points in the overtime period. Danville rotated two bench players on Zach Hill in overtime, Damir Karapandzic and Heath Mountjoy. They stood right on top of Hill the entire overtime and he never got a good look. It was almost as if they were in his head. And Mountjoy hit a huge three late that effectively sealed it. Really nice late game coaching strategy by Danville's Coach Yates.

I didn't realize Lincoln only scored two points in the overtime period. Danville rotated two bench players on Zach Hill in overtime, Damir Karapandzic and Heath Mountjoy. They stood right on top of Hill the entire overtime and he never got a good look. It was almost as if they were in his head. And Mountjoy hit a huge three late that effectively sealed it. Really nice late game coaching strategy by Danville's Coach Yates.

Why I try and post box scores when I can find them.