Russell 73 Raceland 48

I was in the house for this one. Tough year for the Rams, but I thought they played really hard tonight and sometimes that just has to be enough IMO. Russell has a really nice team, they seem young though. Are they pretty young?
Yes. Start 3 sophs, 1 junior and 1 senior. 4 of top 8 are sophs.

I also want to give Russell Coach M. Kidwell, his players,admin and/or anyone else that had a hand in one very important basketball game. I have not kept up hardly any on h.s. basketball this season and this is not about any tournament, win or anything like that. This is certainly nothing to do with any rivals or "jabbing" with any fans.

I was watching the sports segment on WKYT Lexington news a few days ago and saw a story on a very special star player for the Red Devils, the young mans name is Nick Zambos. For Coach Kidwell to get the young man into a game and give him his chance to shine was imo one class act. I'll not go on with the story behind this, will just put a link from the Daily Independent on Feb 14th about this at the end of my post. A thread was probably posted on this forum about it, I just didn't see it. Sorry for getting off topic, I just thought about thiis when posting on this thread.

http://dailyindependent.com/localsports/x532737648/Basketball-team-manager-gets-his-chance-to-shine-on-the-court

Again, congrats to Nick Zambos and kudos to the Russell staff and players on this "Win" :thumb:.

Yes. Start 3 sophs, 1 junior and 1 senior. 4 of top 8 are sophs.

That's about what I thought. They have a bright future IMO. And let me say this I thought the sportsmanship was very good from both teams on the floor. When Waddell hit the McKenzie kid with a hard foul that resulted in an intentional, I thought it was great that they pretty much instantly shook hands and went on.

Also, as CCC stated Raceland had a pretty rough season. Rams......if you played hard and left evecry ounce lof effort that you had out on the floor every night, played with Ram Pride then you have nothing to be ashamed of........"Once a Ram, Always a Ram". I know that you will work hard to make next seson better. :thumb: