Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rockcastle County 71 Bryan Station 50

Featured Replies

Out early and never looked back.

47-22 at the half.

Lawrence finished with 20.

Hammond had 20 in the first half, finished with 26.

 

Elizabethtown on Saturday afternoon ought to be a good'un!

Rock could have won by 30+ if they left they wanted to. If Madison Central, Scott County and Bryan Station are the better teams in 11th region then Rockets will have a cake walk to open up the Sweet 16. Sarah Hammonds looked like a woman playing with little girls and could score any time she felt like it. If she wasn't unselfish she could have scored every time she touched it. E-town better come to play or that game will be over in the first half just like Madison Central and Bryan Station. I hate to say it this early but state championship is the Rockets to lose at this point. I just can't see anybody playing with them.

Hammonds best player in state, Rockets best team in state, end of story.

  • Author
Rock could have won by 30+ if they left they wanted to.

 

Coach Noble generally gets the bench involved when the margin gets around 20 or so into the second half. She is pretty classy about not piling on when it is not necessary, although sometimes you do need to make a statement of sorts.

Rockcastle will lose six seniors next year, the entire starting lineup.

I expect that Coach Noble is also taking advantage of getting the JV athletes as much playing time as possible. Often they are in against the opposing starters for a while and usually hold their own.

She was coach of the year a few years back and she really deserves another look this year.

She is one outstanding lady.

Hammonds best player in state, Rockets best team in state, end of story.
Everyone has an opinion, I guess.
Rock could have won by 30+ if they left they wanted to. If Madison Central, Scott County and Bryan Station are the better teams in 11th region then Rockets will have a cake walk to open up the Sweet 16. Sarah Hammonds looked like a woman playing with little girls and could score any time she felt like it. If she wasn't unselfish she could have scored every time she touched it. E-town better come to play or that game will be over in the first half just like Madison Central and Bryan Station. I hate to say it this early but state championship is the Rockets to lose at this point. I just can't see anybody playing with them.
I can see a number of teams giving them fits like Mercy, Sacred Heart, Manual, Marion County, Boone and Ryle. I haven't seen any statement games on their schedule so far.

E-town beat Marion County by 10 points recently. If Rock beats E-town by 10 or more this would be a statement game in my book.

Alot of smack talk. But i guess it is hard to be humble when things are going well. IMO E-town would not be a statement game. I would have to agree that Rock is looking good to win state and in fact if they did i would be happy because there is not a harder working, class act in high school basketball. However Rock, like E-town, have not played the best teams in Ky yet!!!! Take a look around the state and see what has happened to the other "unbeatable" teams.

  • Author
Everyone has an opinion, I guess.

 

ESPN ranks Hammond 13th in the nation. Averee Fields of Calloway County, at 81st, is the only other Kentucky girl in the top 100. That’s their opinion.

 

Boone Co. beat Franklin Co by 5. Rockcastle beat them by 34.

Marion Co. beat Scott Co by 4. Rockcastle beat them by 25.

Rockcastle has no 7th region opponents this year, and they are on opposite sides of the bracket at Bowling Green. No facts to compare.

I'm a 12th region homer and hopes Rock beat everyone and wins the state BUT I've also watched Manual, Mercy and Sacred Heart. They are NOT Station or Central by any means. I am hoping for a 12th region champion but I'm not sure the road will be as easy as you would like.

Getting the cart before the horse just a little, aren't we? I also believe Rock is one of the elite teams in the state, but beware the Ides of March....there is the district and the region first. Rock beats everybody in a "best of" series scenario.....but who knows what can happen on any given night?

I am sure that Rockcastle County has a great team. All I was saying is there are 5 or 6 teams that I believe can compete and possibly beat them. Good Luck the rest of the way.

  • Author

I don’t think anyone here thinks that the road to Saturday night will be easy. Not hardly. Even though Rockcastle has gone to diddle 5 of the last 7 years, it has ALWAYS been extremely difficult. The wars with Lincoln Co. have been legendary. This year will be no different. Lincoln is a rated team. Casey Co has been rejuvenated with the return of Pittman to compliment Coffman. Southwestern can have a big game sometimes. It will not be easy to survive the twelfth.

 

As you know, we usually ‘root root root for the home team’ in the twelfth. Some here think we are the best. Half of Louisville thinks the same about a number of teams there. Perry county has opinions as well. Others across that state think theirs is the best. Rah Rah Rah. Fine and dandy.

 

This thread was visited by a flame thrower from NKY where they loudly boo opponents. Each to their own, I guess. I’m sure he thinks his daughter is the best player in the state and that Ryle is the best team. That’s fine. Plenty of folks feel like that. But his ‘un-twelfth-like’ comments are designed to provoke response and, as you can see, we fell for it. Shame on us.

 

Let me just stick to facts, rather than opinion.

Hammond is the best in the state according to much wiser and more impartial folks than any of us.

Rockcastle is ranked 2 or 3, pick your pollster.

Rockcastle has beaten ranked teams this year, usually by about 20 points or so.

Their chances are good.

But, like all the other good teams, the champ will have to be on their game when it counts.

It won’t be easy. Championships never are.

My daughters are 29, 24, and 12 years old :) I do have a niece who is considered a top 10 player in the State and plays on a team that is also a top 10 team. We're pretty excited about that. No disrespect to Rockcastle County and Miss Hammond, especially. It's the boldness of one comment that caused me to respond :)

Another fact... Hammond will be announced as a McDonalds All American today. BTW,congrats to you ckshockey for having a niece whos a top ten player in the state.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.