Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Openings?

Featured Replies

Word is there are some coaches in Lexington on the hot seat. Any confirmation to this? Any other coaches around the state in trouble? Any coaches needing a good post season run to keep their job? It is a shame if that would be the case but this is the world in which we live. :scared:

Why do we have to start speculation on high school coaches when the postseason hasn't even started yet? Fans treat HS coaches like college and Pro coaches, their livelihood is made in the classroom not on the court or on the field. Let them enjoy this season before they start worrying about next year.

Why do we have to start speculation on high school coaches when the postseason hasn't even started yet? Fans treat HS coaches like college and Pro coaches, their livelihood is made in the classroom not on the court or on the field. Let them enjoy this season before they start worrying about next year.

 

:cry:

Sportsmaniac makes a good point about it being a little early to start talking coaching changes. Still a chance for everyone to have a good year with District Tourneys almost here.

I am intrigued about the part concerning "their livelihood is made in the classroom". I wonder how many Varsity coaches (especially basketball and football)have anything close to a full teaching schedule similar to other teachers. I'll bet it is a significant minority, especially in the larger schools.

:cry:
Sportsmaniac makes a good point about it being a little early to start talking coaching changes. Still a chance for everyone to have a good year with District Tourneys almost here.

I am intrigued about the part concerning "their livelihood is made in the classroom". I wonder how many Varsity coaches (especially basketball and football)have anything close to a full teaching schedule similar to other teachers. I'll bet it is a significant minority, especially in the larger schools.

 

I am not sure about larger schools but in most of the smaller ones they have a full schedule just like everyone else.

I wonder how many Varsity coaches (especially basketball and football)have anything close to a full teaching schedule similar to other teachers. I'll bet it is a significant minority, especially in the larger schools.

 

The question is how much more effective can a coach be when he doesn't have to worry about teaching a full load? I have often wondered if this helps create their success for them and their school.

Maybe someplaces but not in Fayette Co.

I am not sure about larger schools but in most of the smaller ones they have a full schedule just like everyone else.

The majority is most do have full time teaching loads (basketball and football) and it is the majority of their salary. The one's that don't are full or part-time AD's or AP's. This isn't anything like college. My 32 years in KY education in many parts of the state can attest to this. These men and women get far too much criticism IMO for the time they spend working with our kids. I know schools want to win, as well as their communities, but it goes way over the top sometimes from a few that generally spoils it for most.

The majority is most do have full time teaching loads (basketball and football) and it is the majority of their salary. The one's that don't are full or part-time AD's or AP's. This isn't anything like college. My 32 years in KY education in many parts of the state can attest to this. These men and women get far too much criticism IMO for the time they spend working with our kids. I know schools want to win, as well as their communities, but it goes way over the top sometimes from a few that generally spoils it for most.

 

I agree with you 100%. These guys put in the hours that would qualify as a second job, and yet many get criticized because of one thing or another. These guys do it for the kids, but most people assume that they get must be getting paid the big bucks to coach a high school team.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.