QB Pawsat of Mason County?

All In

I can't speak for Neal, but my guess is that two high-school knee injuries have tempered the D-1 interest. Look for him to play lower-level NCAA, or NAIA ball. I'm pretty sure that Centre and Georgetown, for example, are in the mix.

Best wishes to Neal as he prepares for the next level.:thumb:

If it does turn out to be Georgetown, it's an ideal situation. Ammons will be a senior (although there's no absolute guarantee that he won't be sent back to the WR position), Pawsat can redshirt, get the knee completely healed, learn the system and go on from there.

Looks to be Georgetown.

I know Georgetown is/was in the final mix. One of his teammates, Alex Newton, has already signed there. They've played together since 5th grade. Plus, Colt Fearis and Jackson Tolle, two MC Royals from previous classes, are already there.

Talked with Neal and his parents at church. Georgetown it is. Interesting factoid - The only person to play football on the same team with Neal every year Neal has played in Alex Newton. Now the streak continues at Georgetown.

For me the pleasure is finally seeing Neal's father in an orange shirt. He's teased me for years about wearing orange. (I'm a Tennessee grad.) Now, I get to see him in an orange shirt.

If it does turn out to be Georgetown, it's an ideal situation. Ammons will be a senior (although there's no absolute guarantee that he won't be sent back to the WR position), Pawsat can redshirt, get the knee completely healed, learn the system and go on from there.

Personally, don't think Ammons will be moved to WR as he was an Honorable mention All-American this year and the Tigers averaged close to 40 points a game with Kaelin at the helm. The Tigers also return roughly 17 starters from last year's team and will be a legitimate contender for the National Title as long as the team stays healthly. Glad to see Pawsat as a Tiger, he will have a year to learn the system from an outstanding upperclassman and fine young man.

Personally, don't think Ammons will be moved to WR as he was an Honorable mention All-American this year and the Tigers averaged close to 40 points a game with Kaelin at the helm. The Tigers also return roughly 17 starters from last year's team and will be a legitimate contender for the National Title as long as the team stays healthly. Glad to see Pawsat as a Tiger, he will have a year to learn the system from an outstanding upperclassman and fine young man.

I agree. It's a big jump from high school to college. Givens Ammons performance this past season, I see no reason to make a change.

Talked with Neal and his parents at church. Georgetown it is. Interesting factoid - The only person to play football on the same team with Neal every year Neal has played in Alex Newton. Now the streak continues at Georgetown.

For me the pleasure is finally seeing Neal's father in an orange shirt. He's teased me for years about wearing orange. (I'm a Tennessee grad.) Now, I get to see him in an orange shirt.

You and I can donate to Dad just in case he's reluctant to fork over his hard-earned cash at The Store.