Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper 54 Pendleton County 45

Featured Replies

Final on saturday

Final per KHSAA.

It looked like everyone whose last name was not Monroe for Pendleton County was exhausted from the Harrison County game the night before. They looked dead throughout basically the entire game.

1/29/2011

Cooper 54

Pendleton Co. 45

Cooper 15 6 15 18 54

Pendleton Co. 7 15 13 10 45

Cooper (8-12) -- Langley 15, Thompson 16, Brndley 8, Webster 8, Prescott 7.

Pendleton Co. (8-14) -- Walsh 10, Monroe 17, Bonar 5, Woods 11, Antrobus 2.

  • Author
It looked like everyone whose last name was not Monroe for Pendleton County was exhausted from the Harrison County game the night before. They looked dead throughout basically the entire game.

 

Oh come on!!! Stop! This game was won by one team playing great defense. Not, by someone being "tired". I suppose withering defense dose make the other team look tired.

Oh come on!!! Stop! This game was won by one team playing great defense. Not, by someone being "tired". I suppose withering defense dose make the other team look tired.

 

I'm not making excuses for anything. Cooper came out with fire in their eyes and Pendleton usually does, but didn't last night. Saying they looked sluggish is a fact.

I'm not making excuses for anything. Cooper came out with fire in their eyes and Pendleton usually does, but didn't last night. Saying they looked sluggish is a fact.
Just like Bishop Brossasrt and Harrison County did against them except shoe on the other foot. Fact is, it is January, the quest for the All A is over for most in that group and the others are just biding time until districts and regionals. Kids are tired from 3 months of practices, the weather,etc. and will take games off,has always been that way,some they're fortunate to win,others not.
  • Author
I'm not making excuses for anything. Cooper came out with fire in their eyes and Pendleton usually does, but didn't last night. Saying they looked sluggish is a fact.

 

Please, no matter how many times you say it, or how many different words you use, (sluggish, exhausted, tired etc) it implies that if Pendleton Co. had somehow been "well rested" they could have beaten Cooper. I'm not sure you would want to go there.

Many teams this season have underestimated Cooper. The fact is, their margin of Win/Loss has been very close. I suspect Not once during any of their losses did the Boys at Cooper made an excuse such as I was too tired.

Please, no matter how many times you say it, or how many different words you use, (sluggish, exhausted, tired etc) it implies that if Pendleton Co. had somehow been "well rested" they could have beaten Cooper. I'm not sure you would want to go there.

Many teams this season have underestimated Cooper. The fact is, their margin of Win/Loss has been very close. I suspect Not once during any of their losses did the Boys at Cooper made an excuse such as I was too tired.

He is not saying Pendleton underestimated Cooper. He is simply stating that Cooper came to play, and everyone besides Monroe looked sluggish and didn't come ready to play!
He is not saying Pendleton underestimated Cooper. He is simply stating that Cooper came to play, and everyone besides Monroe looked sluggish and didn't come ready to play!

 

My God, thank you! I'm not making excuses, I'm not taking anything away from Cooper, and I'm not implying anything. I'm simply stating a fact that PENDLETON LOOKED TIRED.

  • Author
He is not saying Pendleton underestimated Cooper. He is simply stating that Cooper came to play, and everyone besides Monroe looked sluggish and didn't come ready to play!

 

I'm sorry if this sounds trite, but I read what he wrote. You could have copied and pasted his comment.

Please understand my point, Cooper's defense makes teams look "sluggish".

Can I make it any plainer?

I'm sorry if this sounds trite, but I read what he wrote. You could have copied and pasted his comment.

Please understand my point, Cooper's defense makes teams look "sluggish".

Can I make it any plainer?

 

I have seen Cooper play many times this year, and have seen Pendleton a couple of times, I know what both teams are capable of doing! How many times have you seen Pendleton play this year? Are you ever behind a bench during a time out and listen to what the coaches are saying to the players? Maybe, JUST MAYBE Coper seen this as well and took advantage of it. There IS a difference in a team looking tired/sluggish and what the other team makes them look like.

 

Heck, he isn't even saying if the Pendleton wasn't sluggish that they would have won the game, all this fuss over nothing, lol.

  • Author

Cooper Basketball is in it's third year of existence. The first two years were pretty rough. These boys have worked hard and been coached hard for three years. They didn't win many games the first two years and I never heard of any of them make excuses and complain. They played and still play hard right up till the very end of every game. Now in their third year these boys (and coaches) are starting to have some success (although improvement is still needed).

So, please forgive me for thin skin when they do get a victory and it seems to get chocked up to poor play by the opposition.

I would prefer to think of it as fruits of hard work and determination.

Cooper Basketball is in it's third year of existence. The first two years were pretty rough. These boys have worked hard and been coached hard for three years. They didn't win many games the first two years and I never heard of any of them make excuses and complain. They played and still play hard right up till the very end of every game. Now in their third year these boys (and coaches) are starting to have some success (although improvement is still needed).

So, please forgive me for thin skin when they do get a victory and it seems to get chocked up to poor play by the opposition.

I would prefer to think of it as fruits of hard work and determination.

 

I did not see him take away from Cooper's win at all...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.