Holmes @ Ryle Predictions (1/25)

Walter

Who wns?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who wns?

• Ryle
    • Holmes

Dogs will travel to Union Tuesday night to take on the Raiders in a rematch from earlier in the season.

Holmes comes in 12-6 after back to back losses to Campbell Co and Princeton, OH.

Ryle comes in 11-10 after beating Conner in double OT.

Holmes beat Ryle in the Lloyd Memorial a few ago 63-54.

Thoughts?

Can a mod fix the poll question please? It should be "wins"...not "wns".

As for the game, I think this one will be close. Ryle has always played Holmes tough at their own place and I don't see this year being any different.

Holmes will need Rice to show up and play well if they are going to win. Him playing well down low makes things a lot easier for Gray, Hayes, and Palmer as Ryle won't be able to collapse on them when they drive the lane.

Ultimately, I see this being close until the 4th quarter when Holmes will wear the Raiders down and pull away for the W. I'll go with the following:

Holmes- 65

Ryle- 59

No doubt that Ryle will try to slow the game down and play a half court game. The question is, can Ryle handle the press? I think it will be a game in the 50's and the winning margin will be less than three. With the game at Ryle, I think it's a coin toss.

^^^ Good to hear. I know he originally got hurt against Holmes.

Key to this game will be how well Ryle handles the press. Holmes had 20 points off turnovers in the first meeting between the two.

I haven't watched Ryle a lot but I could see where they would struggle with defensive pressure.

I haven't watched Ryle a lot but I could see where they would struggle with defensive pressure.

I've seen Ryle twice and both times they've struggled with getting consistant guard play.

Mullins, Stinson, and Perkins don't match up well with the quicker Holmes guards. Hayes had a huge night against Ryle in the first meeting with 20 points.

Knox v Vollet should be fun to watch though, as should Stauffer v Rice.