January 19, 201115 yr If that rebound takes place with 7 minutes left instead of at the buzzer is the whistle blown? I say without a doubt!!! I think the refs were officating with the clock in mind and didn't want to 'determine' the outcome of the game by blowing the whistle and putting Georgia on the line to win it.. Just my opinion.
January 19, 201115 yr Are the rules of the game supposed to be suspended for the last (insert period of time) of a game? If so, put the suspension period in the rules. I've always thought that that line of thinking was seriously flawed.
January 20, 201115 yr You hear the announcers say all the time- "Drive to the lane and make the refs make the call!" I think officials are trained to let the last few seconds of a tense game be the players, which is good, but in this unique instance a team got hosed because of it. I agree Zoot.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.