Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tennessee 59 Georgia 57

Featured Replies

Regardless of the officiating, the Vols snagged a big one, especially with this being on the road.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I realize I'm in the minority here, but I didn't think Williams went over the back. I thought the Georgia player was responsible for a lot of the contact.

Buzzer beater by Williams that should have been over the back. Crazy ending.

 

Over the back, choking, intentional foul, in basketball. Horse collar rule, holding, personal foul in football. Assault charges on the street/court room,lol. ...... imo all would be appropriate.

Edited by oldrambler

I realize I'm in the minority here, but I didn't think Williams went over the back. I thought the Georgia player was responsible for a lot of the contact.

 

Towards the end, yeah, he had ahold of Williams' arm as he was falling backwards. But the over-the-back happened a spilt second before.

I realize I'm in the minority here, but I didn't think Williams went over the back. I thought the Georgia player was responsible for a lot of the contact.

 

I think the proper (no) call was made as well.

I think the proper (no) call was made as well.

 

Why should that have been a no-call?

Why should that have been a no-call?

 

Because you have to touch somebody for it to be a foul. There was contact when the ball was in the air, but I don't think Williams made much, if any, contact when he grabbed the rebound.

Also, could you imagine the outrage if the official called over the back there? If UGA was in the bonus, it would've sent the Dawgs to the line for a 1 & 1 to win...

Because you have to touch somebody for it to be a foul. There was contact when the ball was in the air, but I don't think Williams made much, if any, contact when he grabbed the rebound.

 

Maybe not with the arms, but there was a lot of body contact.

Also, could you imagine the outrage if the official called over the back there? If UGA was in the bonus, it would've sent the Dawgs to the line for a 1 & 1 to win...

 

There's outrage because it wasn't called. Unfortunately ref was in a bad spot either way, but I think he made the wrong call.

Also, could you imagine the outrage if the official called over the back there? If UGA was in the bonus, it would've sent the Dawgs to the line for a 1 & 1 to win...

 

Who would be outraged? Not me. Not the entire Georgia crowd.

Who would be outraged? Not me. Not the entire Georgia crowd.

 

There would be plenty of talk about a ref making that type of call with very little time left that practically sealed the deal for a UGA win...

There would be plenty of talk about a ref making that type of call with very little time left that practically sealed the deal for a UGA win...

 

You hear the announcers say all the time- "Drive to the lane and make the refs make the call!" I think officials are trained to let the last few seconds of a tense game be the players, which is good, but in this unique instance a team got hosed because of it.

There would be plenty of talk about a ref making that type of call with very little time left that practically sealed the deal for a UGA win...

 

Yeah but the no call definitely, not practically, sealed the deal for a UGA loss...

Yeah but the no call definitely, not practically, sealed the deal for a UGA loss...

 

No, the UGA player's failure to box out & push Williams out from underneath the basket is what doomed them. On top of that, Williams made a prayer.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.