South Oldham 55 Walton-Verona 52

Final from Crestwood.

South Oldham 55

Walton-Verona 52

Walton-Verona 13 14 12 13 52

South Oldham 14 11 15 15 55

Walton-Verona -- Schmitt 7, Moeves 8, Hargett 13, McNeil 14, Lynn 4, Monday 6.

South Oldham (12-2) -- Blair 5, Bullock 3, Fields 9, Martin 11, Sherry 6, Kenny 2, Goodlett 7, Pendleton 3, Catina 9.

Do you think losing multiple tight games to bigger, traditionally better schools has anything to do with Walton's confidence to succeed in these situations?

I agree the other schools might be traditionally better in past years but this year 4 out the 5 losses Walton was in control and could not finish. Hopefully by the end of the season they can learn to capitalize on thier opportunities at the end of each game.

Do you think losing multiple tight games to bigger, traditionally better schools has anything to do with Walton's confidence to succeed in these situations?

Yes, I think it hurts their confidence a little but, several other players have stepped up lately and filled in for those that are missing. This team is young and by the end of the season, the experience for the younger players will pay off. The record may not be what everyone wanted at this point in the season but look at what has happened lately, and that has to be considered. Eventually the free throws will start to fall again and this team will be "OVERACHIEVING", come tournament time.

Yes, I think it hurts their confidence a little but, several other players have stepped up lately and filled in for those that are missing. This team is young and by the end of the season, the experience for the younger players will pay off. The record may not be what everyone wanted at this point in the season but look at what has happened lately, and that has to be considered. Eventually the free throws will start to fall again and this team will be "OVERACHIEVING", come tournament time.

Agreed. Hard for them to lose Sullivan and Brockman and not have some adjustment period.

I guess that is really my point... The fact that they are having trouble finishing could have something to do with the fact that the kids aren't confident in the fact that they can win. Just a thought. Good luck Walton the rest of the season- you should go far in the All A and the should have a great shot in regionals as well! (I think Walton playing more "power" schools- like they have been- more consistently should help that confidence)