Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lawrence County Coach Search

Featured Replies

The Larence County Bulldogs (or as some say Bulldawgs) head football coach Luke Salmons has left the program to take the same position at Cabell Midland. Most if not all of the staff are following coach Salmons. Coach Salmons was the 2009 Kentucky State Coach of the Year after leading Lawrence County to a perfect 10-0 regular season and a regional championship game appearance following a year where Lawrence finished the season 0-11. Best of luck to Coach Salmons.

 

Mike Copley seems to have the inside position for the Lawrence job according to some LCHS employees.

What were his reasons for leaving? I heard he wasn't getting some things he wanted for football and that played a part in his departure. That could also be nothing but speculation.

You've gotten bad information that all the assistants are going too. Bruce lives there. I could see possibly 1-2 more but doubt it. Crucial hire for LC probably the biggest in history w school failing, basketball letting best coach ever go now ground zero and baseball a year away from losing great pitching. This hire could make or break what's been built for a long time. I hope they take their time and get it right for the kids.

  • Author
You've gotten bad information that all the assistants are going too. Bruce lives there. I could see possibly 1-2 more but doubt it. Crucial hire for LC probably the biggest in history w school failing, basketball letting best coach ever go now ground zero and baseball a year away from losing great pitching. This hire could make or break what's been built for a long time. I hope they take their time and get it right for the kids.

 

I could have got bad information, but I was told that 3 of them were leaving to go with Salmons and another was going to move back to the Cincinnati area. Now that may not be all and many could be non-paid assitants (Volunteers) and if incorrect I apologize just passing on info as I am being told.

 

I agree that this could be the biggest hire LC has had in a while and if it is not a homerun then things in Louisa could turn sour quickly. Nothing against Copley, but I think that LC could do a little better as a head coach if they try. As with most schools in Eastern Kentucky small town politics will have A LOT to do with this hire I am afraid.

You've gotten bad information that all the assistants are going too. Bruce lives there. I could see possibly 1-2 more but doubt it. Crucial hire for LC probably the biggest in history w school failing, basketball letting best coach ever go now ground zero and baseball a year away from losing great pitching. This hire could make or break what's been built for a long time. I hope they take their time and get it right for the kids.

 

Check your PM's

I could have got bad information, but I was told that 3 of them were leaving to go with Salmons and another was going to move back to the Cincinnati area. Now that may not be all and many could be non-paid assitants (Volunteers) and if incorrect I apologize just passing on info as I am being told.

 

I agree that this could be the biggest hire LC has had in a while and if it is not a homerun then things in Louisa could turn sour quickly. Nothing against Copley, but I think that LC could do a little better as a head coach if they try. As with most schools in Eastern Kentucky small town politics will have A LOT to do with this hire I am afraid.

 

 

Are there any assistants on the current staff that could be candidates?

Copley stated one of his reasons for leaving Greenup is he wanted to be closer to Central KY, can't see him moving to Louisa.

Coach Copley lives in South Ashland, closer to Louisa that Greenup, played at Lawrence Co. and is a "Chute" coach. This is where I said he would end up all along. I don't think it is a good hire but I don't have a Dawg in the fight. :cool:

Im going to guess Joey Cecil.

 

Great guess. I just read he is the new coach at LCHS. Sounds like most are very happy! Happy that he is the coach and that the school board didn't take all winter to find a coach.

Congrats to Coach Cecil and The Dawgs. Good hire from what I understand.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.