Kayaking

stick1

I've worked around The Breaks some. Didn't even think about that. That's not a bad drive from me. Jvdfc let me know if you get any info. Find out if it's a good place for begginers or if it's a little more advanced. Thanks guys. Keep the ideas coming.

Elkhorn is perfect for beginners. My friend said it is where him and his brother 1st learned. I would suggest going to Canoe Kentucky for the 6 mile trip 1st. Good luck Stick1.

• 4 years later...

I know this is an old thread but I figured I'd use it instead of starting a new one. I used to kayak and go white water rafting a lot as a kid. I missed being out in the water and bought a perception rythym 11 kayak last weekend. Haven't had it on the water yet, but am curious if any of you in the Ashland area kayak regularly and where are your favorite spots? The rivers are up right now so I'll probably head to a local lake this weekend, since its been a few years since I've paddled. But my plan is to eventually take some long trips on the local rivers.

Outside of the Ashland area where are the best spots to spend a weekend camping and kayaking?

East Fork Lake is a nice spot in the Cincinnati area. You can spend a lot of time back in the coves off of the main channels. Also has some nice hiking trails for when you are not on the water.

I'll have to check that out. I'm up that way a few times a year, now I'll remember to bring the yak.

So I've been told that this end of the little sandy is perfect for kayaking right now. Water is a bit swift, but I'm told you can still paddle up river. Little to no debris reported surprisingly. I'm gonna take about a 6-7 mile ride on it tomorrow, wish me luck hah.