Covington Catholic Freshmen Christmas Tournament

The question was asked in another thread as to why CovCath and HHS were not playing in the Holy Cross Frosh tourney?

Link to the CovCath Freshmen Christmas Tournament

Link to the CovCath Freshmen web page

These games will be played on Tuesday Dec 28th @ CovCath

Teams participating are as follows:

Clark County (GRC)

Covington Catholic

Cincinnati Elder

Ft. Thomas Highlands

The CovCath Frosh are currently 7-2 with their losses coming against Lexington Catholic and Louisville St. Xavier, while they have defeated Montgomery County, Ryle, Simon Kenton, Campbell County, Scott HS, Cincinnati McNicholas and Conner.

"Q" and Goldie, can you give us some information about your Freshmen Teams?

I won't be able to attend any of these games, as I will be in Lexington for the Republic Bank Classic @ LexCath.

Highlands has a very nice team. 3-4 of them have dressed JV and filled in due to lack of numbers early.

Seth Hope and Brandon Hergott are both around 6'1 and very nice inside players. Brendan Buten is a small PG who is lightning quick and makes heady decisions. Drew Houliston is a nice sized guard (QB on football team), he can score if needed. Schwietzer is a load on the block and can take over games in the paint. They have another nice athletic player who's last name is Greene. He is aggressive and quick and can score as well. Zack Harris (football stud) is aggressive and can be a lockdown defender.

I have only seen them a couple times and it is still very early but I would say they have a nice chance at competing in this tournament.

Although if that schedule is correct, they may have a hard time playing back to back games against Clark Co and Elder. Wow

Highlands has a very nice team. 3-4 of them have dressed JV and filled in due to lack of numbers early.

Seth Hope and Brandon Hergott are both around 6'1 and very nice inside players. Brendan Buten is a small PG who is lightning quick and makes heady decisions. Drew Houliston is a nice sized guard (QB on football team), he can score if needed. Schwietzer is a load on the block and can take over games in the paint. They have another nice athletic player who's last name is Greene. He is aggressive and quick and can score as well. Zack Harris (football stud) is aggressive and can be a lockdown defender.

I have only seen them a couple times and it is still very early but I would say they have a nice chance at competing in this tournament.

Although if that schedule is correct, they may have a hard time playing back to back games against Clark Co and Elder. Wow

Saw that also.... and I agree! WOW!! I can only assume it is correct.......but.....

Just got word from Stinky that HHS defeated Clark Co. by 3 or so and defeated Elder by 10 or so. Nice impressive effort by the Birds it would appear. By the way, nice website that the Colonels have. Who takes care of updating it with all of the necessary and much needed information? This is something that Highlands needs to look into since you do not know when the middle school or frosh teams play because there are no schedules accessible to the public.

Just got word from Stinky that HHS defeated Clark Co. by 3 or so and defeated Elder by 10 or so. Nice impressive effort by the Birds it would appear. By the way, nice website that the Colonels have. Who takes care of updating it with all of the necessary and much needed information? This is something that Highlands needs to look into since you do not know when the middle school or frosh teams play because there are no schedules accessible to the public.

Tip of the cap to Mr. Andy Zerhusen who is the Assistant AD and takes care of the CovCath web pages and he does indeed do a great job!