BCS Bowls

gametime

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep thinking about how Ohio State was able to slow down Oregon in the Rose Bowl last season after a big layoff. I think Oregon is better this season, but the Buckeyes showed that with a little time a good offense can be slowed. And just think about how badly the Bucks failed in slowing LSU and Florida previously, which makes it a huge knock on the Ducks!:D

Not real sure what last years Bowl game has to do with this game but if you want to compare, Auburn squeeked out a win out against a very average Northwestern team. I guess that would be a knock on Auburn!

Not real sure what last years Bowl game has to do with this game but if you want to compare, Auburn squeeked out a win out against a very average Northwestern team. I guess that would be a knock on Auburn!

My point was that if you give a good defense six weeks to prepare for a good offense, that defense will be more successful than if they only get one week like the regular season. Ohio State had time to prepare for Oregon last year and thus they were able to slow them down. I think Auburn will have similar success.

I agree but that works both ways. The main difference is that last year in Oregon's Bowl game they did not expect Ohio State to throw the ball all over the field like they did. I don't think Auburn will suprise Oregon this year because Auburn has shown the ability to win both throwing and running. They will be prepared for both. If Auburn gets physical in the trenches, they should be ok but if they underestimate the speed of Oregon they are in for a rude awakening. They are fast! Auburn has not faced a team this year with the speed Oregon has in the backfield and don't give me the SEC speed myth, that one is getting old. At the same time Oregon has not faced a team with a QB like Cam newton either. They had problems with Pryor last year.