November 11, 201015 yr Looks like Kentucky may have made the correct decision in using his 45 days of practice time in August. He got to practice for a while & get familiar with what Cal is trying to do. Now, the NCAA has (maybe) cleared him to practice. Even if he can't play, at least he's able to get some time with the team and will be ready to go when / if he's cleared....
November 11, 201015 yr Yes I do. I don't think the pro team in Turkey was able to back their claims with facts... I think you're right. It's what I have suspected all along. But, my concern remains the same - that the NCAA's decision (whether he's eligible or ineligible) is permanent. If you're going to investigate something, then investigate it (no matter how long it takes), make a decision, and close your file. If you're uncertain, then don't make a decision one way or the other. To clear him & later rule him ineligible (and vacate wins) is wrong, in my opinion. Especially where there are no allegations of a cover up or wrongdoings on behalf of the University itself.
November 11, 201015 yr Author Yes I do. I don't think the pro team in Turkey was able to back their claims with facts... Well, I'm glad to hear that. :thumb: So you're thinking instead of issuing a formal suspension, they'll just delay their ruling for about 5 or 6 games & then declare him eligible? It would be suspension without a suspension then?
November 11, 201015 yr Author I think you're right. It's what I have suspected all along. But, my concern remains the same - that the NCAA's decision (whether he's eligible or ineligible) is permanent. If you're going to investigate something, then investigate it (no matter how long it takes), make a decision, and close your file. If you're uncertain, then don't make a decision one way or the other. To clear him & later rule him ineligible (and vacate wins) is wrong, in my opinion. Especially where there are no allegations of a cover up or wrongdoings on behalf of the University itself. Your second paragraph is spot-on. Particularly in a case like this, it seems that they wouldn't be able to come back later & rule differently.
November 11, 201015 yr Well, I'm glad to hear that. :thumb: So you're thinking instead of issuing a formal suspension, they'll just delay their ruling for about 5 or 6 games & then declare him eligible? It would be suspension without a suspension then? That would be my guess. Been busy with UC stuff so haven't really been on top of where things are...
November 11, 201015 yr How are the Bearcats looking? Haven't read much about them. Should be the best team Cronin has had at UC. Much more cohesive unit...
November 11, 201015 yr Author Should be the best team Cronin has had at UC. Much more cohesive unit... That surprises me since Stephenson is gone. Curious to see how Gates performs this year. From what little I saw last year, the sky is the limit for him.
November 11, 201015 yr This seems like good news. If the investigation was going in a bad direction (for UK), you wouldn't think they'd be clearing him to practice. It seems to suggest that he'll be cleared to play at some point in the future. Of course, it's the NCAA. Who knows?
November 12, 201015 yr .....and now ruled ineligible. Apparently him appealing the ruling allows him to practice.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.