Whitley County 45 Pulaski Southwest 0

swamprat

I was at this game as I thought it would be a battle but Coach black had his team ready to play. However the game started sloppy for both as there were 4 turnovers in the 1st quarter 2 by each team. But after that Whitley County got focused and SW never seemed to get in the groove. Anyway, Whitley County looked impressive and if they play like that again next week Harlan County better be prepared for battle. Good luck to Whitley County the rest of the way!

Turnovers (8 for SW) were key in this game, but it was only a symptom, Whitley just outhit SW all night long. SW fumbled their opening possession and Whitley was driving down the field and fumbled, but SW could not convert any thing. There was one key play, #20 for Whitley intercepted SW at the one yard line and Whitley took it 99 yards for their first score. The Fullback for Whitley just ran over a SW defender on the scoring play. From that point one, the Colonels just physically whipped SW. The Warriors were held to under 200 yards total offense and Whitley had almost 400 yards rushing.

It did appear that SW threw in the towel in the second half after their 6th turnover.

If Whitley continues to improve they may not win the region but they will have a say in who does.

Whitley Radio guys said this was the first road playoff win, also it was the 7th HOME playoff loss for SW in 10 years......both increadable stats.

Congrats Whitley on a nice win.....

Congratulations WC. Never saw this coming but I think they will beat HC next week too. They have been coming on very strong and are peaking at the right time. 5 in a row soon to be six IMO. Good job to the players and coaches.

They have good chance. I think that they will give them all that they want.

Turnovers (8 for SW) were key in this game, but it was only a symptom, Whitley just outhit SW all night long. SW fumbled their opening possession and Whitley was driving down the field and fumbled, but SW could not convert any thing. There was one key play, #20 for Whitley intercepted SW at the one yard line and Whitley took it 99 yards for their first score. The Fullback for Whitley just ran over a SW defender on the scoring play. From that point one, the Colonels just physically whipped SW. The Warriors were held to under 200 yards total offense and Whitley had almost 400 yards rushing.

It did appear that SW threw in the towel in the second half after their 6th turnover.

If Whitley continues to improve they may not win the region but they will have a say in who does.

Whitley Radio guys said this was the first road playoff win, also it was the 7th HOME playoff loss for SW in 10 years......both increadable stats.

Congrats Whitley on a nice win.....

Both those numbers suprise me also. I know Whitley hasn't been a football powerhouse but they've been playing a long time, I would have thought they'd have won a road playoff game before. Southwestern's playoff troubles are well known as well but I didn't realize that they had lost that many at home over the years.