Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Corbin 2010/2011

Featured Replies

What does Corbin need to do to improve in 2010/2011? What do they need to keep doing to be sucessful? Remember, please be constructive.

Corbin will be very small this year, but they will be scrappy. I think the Olsen kid will be a top 10 player in the region playing the point for Corbin by the end of the year, that is if he does not move. Robbie Igo, who is a Sophomore, is really going to have to battle for Corbin in the paint, but has a lot of potential. Travis Smith, along with Matthew Taylor will have to look to score more this year since Corbin lost most of their point production from last year. Corbin will have their usual role players, who often make all the difference in Freeman, Jones, Farley, West, Timperio, Wilson, etc.

 

A lot of questions for the Hounds, but they could be pretty good by season's end.

I thought I read Olsen had moved to Georgia.

I thought I read Olsen had moved to Georgia.

 

I'm not sure if he has left yet or not. The last I heard was that his dad was trying to get on somewhere down around Oak Ridge, Tn and if he did the family was staying in Corbin. I talked to someone a couple of weeks ago who watched him play AAU ball this summer with a team out of central ky and he was raving about him, so hopefully he stays here instead of going to LaGrange, Ga.

Corbin will still be Corbin someone that you had better watch out for when the tourney rolls around.

I saw Corbin's freshman team last year and Olsen was very solid. He seemed to hold his own with a very good group of Harlan County guards.

I thought I read Olsen had moved to Georgia.

 

I found out yesterday that his last day at school was Wednesday, a real big loss for the Hounds. He was a very good football player in middle school, wouldn't shock me to see him on the gridiron as well down at LaGrange, Ga.

Who will be the starters for Corbin? I'm sure that Travis Smith will start along with Matthew Taylor, when football season is over. The post position will likely be filled by Robbie Igo, with Dominic Timperio backing him up and Brodie Freeman, Taylor Jones and Hunter Sizemore fighting for the the other 2 spots. Olsen started at the point this summer, not sure who will play PG now, could be one of many big question marks for the Hounds.

I'd guess Smith plays the point.

Corbin will be a top 3 or 4 team in the region.

Does Senior Josh Hopkins factor in anywhere?

 

He is no longer on the team, no question that he would have been a starter this year.

Corbin will be a top 3 or 4 team in the region.

 

 

 

I think they are definitely behind Clay, Bell and KC at this point. Whitley and South are in the group with Corbin.

I'd guess Smith plays the point.

 

That is his natural position. The problem is he will probably be one of only two starters that is 6 feet tall, although I guess that doesn't matter as much on the offensive end as it will on the defensive end. I expect to see Corbin running the floor much more this year than in the past few years.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.