Green County / Monroe County Predictions

tsyoung7

Green Co Dragons or Monroe Co Falcons  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Green Co Dragons or Monroe Co Falcons

• Green Co
    • Monroe Co

This has become one of the harshest rivals around. Does Monroe get it together after two losses or does the Green Co Dragons put another nail in their coffin? This should be a great ballgame with the results being up in the air....

Lets see what everyone thinks!!!!

Either Green walks in this one by +14 or Monroe wins a close one. I can't decide yet. I try to not think about any other game of the year, because they are irrelevant to a rivalry. I think Green is hungry to avenge last years loss and they know they can play solid and aggressive on both side of the ball as they did against Lone Oak. My worry is if it's a close game, Green's poor extra point play is going to get them beat like at Glasgow and LaRue.

I can't wait for Friday night!

I assume that most fans as I do consider Monroe the underdog in this contest. To be the underdog could play in Monroe's favor as in motivation and the need for the falcons to prove that they are a contender in this district. If Monroe can control or stop Mcdermott........ and that is a big if............ the game will be a nail-biter.

These teams are so even that a prediction would be impossible at this stage. Green has home field, but Monroe seems to play better at Green...go figure! I will say this about these two groups of young men...you play these two ten times in a row and you end up with a 5-5 tie. Green is probably more hungry because of the last two region finals and knowing this could be the last chance to play Monroe before they move up to class 3a next year. So this is the last time it will matter as far as district goes! I can give no prediction after last weeks game, who knows what team will show up.

Would love to see this game. Sounds like there is no love between these teams...and at Green County. Is Monroe going to send someone to the press box to keep an eye on the clock operator?

If there is a repeat of anything like what happened when Lone Oak came to town....Call in the National Guard cause it will be a WAR in the country!!!I am sure they have gotten to " clock" fixed since LO was there....

If Green's defense plays like they did against Lone Oak, could be long night for the Falcons. If they do not, then this game could go late in fourth quarter. Players respect each other, fans hate each other. Look for a large crowd and a great football game. Anyone know the health status of both teams?

BigEyeInTheSky, you are not right in saying that fans hate each other. There may be a few that are that way, but certainly not all.

Agree Green and Monroe are alike in that we both have a few fans who take things too far. When at Green and Monroe games I have talked to some people from Green each game they are like me want to see their team win but have respect for the other team. Looking forward to a good game Friday night and hoping for a Falcon victory.