October 14, 201015 yr I see what you're saying, but I think it's different since this was a decision made by the team to show respect for one of their best players. So, the adult players on the team make a choice to honor their teammate and you have a problem with them making the choice on their own as adults? I can't help but feel like some people probably came under undue pressure to conform in this one. The cigar and champagne celebration of a championship is as much a part of baseball as the sacrifice bunt and scratching your private parts. There are probably at least a few people on the team who were very much looking forward to that celebration -- especially given the Rangers' historical futility in the postseason. Gosh, should the Reds have done the same thing since BP doesn't drink?
October 14, 201015 yr Rangers show lots of class, "if anyone hasn't sinned, cast the first stone"...still pullin for the Yanks!
October 14, 201015 yr I can't help but feel like some people probably came under undue pressure to conform in this one. The cigar and champagne celebration of a championship is as much a part of baseball as the sacrifice bunt and scratching your private parts. There are probably at least a few people on the team who were very much looking forward to that celebration -- especially given the Rangers' historical futility in the postseason. Gosh, should the Reds have done the same thing since BP doesn't drink?I read that the champagne and beer were brought out later in the evening---I think it was after Hamilton and Ron Washington had left for their kinda party.
October 14, 201015 yr I think it was after Hamilton and Ron Washington had left for their kinda party. Nothing like hitting the slopes... :walk:
October 14, 201015 yr Nothing like hitting the slopes... :walk: Are you saying there wasn't enough snow on the Alps? :lol:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.