Trouble in Tompkinsville?

theguru

I can say without a doubt that Monroe is for real. Offensively thay are very dangerous...defensively...well we will see when we go to Glasgow in two weeks!!! The scotties are not the worry tonight, The Dragons of Green smacking LO scares the daylighs out of me!!!

Be afraid, Be Very afraid...haha, just kidding. However Green Co. approaches tonights game very well prepared and played lights out defense against a very good Lone Oak team. Holding the Purple Flash scoreless in the second half when the time of possession was probably 2-1 in favor of Lone Oak. Don't sell the kids from Green County short, the are coming together at the right time. Losing a heartbreaker at Glasgow and then to respond tonight the way they did, sends fear across Class 2A, District 3.

Monroe County finally gets to the meat of their schedule and need a few games to really workout the kinks. This is a good team so they will either respond next week or fold their tents. None of their games from here on out are easy. Looking forward to seeing the Falcons and Dragons go at it in a couple weeks. A bitter sweet rivalry that looks like is going to be separated by the new Class and District alignments.

I have felt all week that Franklin Simpson was going to give the Falcons fits and at times have felt alone in that. Personally my thoughts are the Falcons grew more last night than they had in the previous 6 games, and it took FS getting cocky and showing a little too much swagger for the Falcons to come alive, at times this season the falcons have been sleep walking and just going through the motions, for the first time this season I seen a team hit hard, block hard and run harder than they had all season. If they play the way they did toward the end of last night’s game they will erase any doubts there for real in two weeks when they play Glasgow.

Yes they did. Those kids flat gave the defense of the Falcons the smack down. They do offensively what Monroe has always had trouble with, mis-direction, and they do it very well!!! This loss is a great learning lesson for the boys and the coaches. I believe SEMPERFIFALCON stated that we need to go go back to the 5 man front. Our ends are as bad as I can ever remember, it may be this is what they are being told to do because it seems week after week they are doing the same things...which in turn is obviously not getting it done up front. And as far as the d-line....maybe it is time to look deep in the depths of the younger players to get someone in the backfield to cause some havoc!!!! We are going to need a little help from the d-line in a couple weeks, linebackers and deep backs can't do it alone...

On a different note Tanner Kendall had an awesome game running the ball. I love to see this out of this young man, he definately has the speed but last night he showed us some very good down hill running. As far a our running backs go they all ran very good last night, Vickery, Kendall, Wilson, Arnette, and Shirley! Cory Shirley had to go get 6 stitches above his left eye from a eye gaulge last night.

Go Falcons!!!

Monroe taking one on the chin from Franklin-Simpson is a bad bad loss. Is this game an anomaly or is Monroe just a pretender?

Monroe County is not a pretender by any stretch. They have been in the semi-final two years in a row and have only one loss this year. They have proven that they are not a pretender.

Two years ago Franklin-Simpson spoiled a perfect season for Fort Campbell. Did it mean Franklin-Simpson was better then FC or that FC was a pretender, NO! The same can be said with Monroe County and a loss on the road to Franklin-Simpson. Monroe is probably going to be refocused after this loss.

Monroe County is not a pretender by any stretch. They have been in the semi-final two years in a row and have only one loss this year. They have proven that they are not a pretender.

Two years ago Franklin-Simpson spoiled a perfect season for Fort Campbell. Did it mean Franklin-Simpson was better then FC or that FC was a pretender, NO! The same can be said with Monroe County and a loss on the road to Franklin-Simpson. Monroe is probably going to be refocused after this loss.

That’s right.

Last year Franklin Simpson traveled to play a 6-0 Monroe team and left Monroe with the win. Monroe went on the win the region...

Two year ago Franklin Simpson traveled to play 9-0 Fort Campbell they left FC with the win, FC went on to win the State Championship...