Russell 13 West Carter 6

ryanparker

West Carter drove the ball down the field a couple of times in the first half but couldn't finish off their drives with scores. Russell did the same but managed to score a couple of times in the first half to lead 13-0 at the half.

The second half was a defensive struggle with West Carter finally scoring with less than 2 minutes left in the game. Russell recovered the onsides kick and that was the game. Overall, though, it was a pretty evenly matched throughout.

Even though the game could be classified as a bit of a snoozer, it was a good district win for the Devils in a game that will likely decide who gets to fight it out with Mason County for the top spot.

On a side note, I was glad to see Coach Grady Walter be inducted into the Russell High School Hall of Fame among others at halftime. Great honor for a great guy.

On a side note, I was glad to see Coach Grady Walter be inducted into the Russell High School Hall of Fame among others at halftime. Great honor for a great guy.

One of the classiest teachers & coaches to ever be in the teaching & coaching profession. Proud to say that he was one of my former teachers & football coaches.