Nations longest current winning streaks

So HHS is 32 games? 18 away from our record. Think we'll get a shot to end it in the next 18 or so games? I think that surely is worthwhile of a home/home matchup.

Well if they keep winning they'll have 43 straight going into next season. So you better get them on the schedule early next year!

By the way, I would love for Trinity to schedule them and then send out a statement saying the only reason they scheduled Highlands was to stop their winning streak. That would be funny!

So HHS is 32 games? 18 away from our record. Think we'll get a shot to end it in the next 18 or so games? I think that surely is worthwhile of a home/home matchup.

Could be, it was stated earlier that the coaches talked this year. I assume they'll keep talking after the nice scrimmage they had in August. Of course HHS needs to keep focusing one game at a time or it all becomes a mute point anyway.

Could be, it was stated earlier that the coaches talked this year. I assume they'll keep talking after the nice scrimmage they had in August.

But there is that minor little detail about Highlands having to win their 11 remaining games in 2010 in order for this to even be of significance. A team such as Boone County, Eastern, CovCath, Dixie, Ryle, Ashland, Johnson Central, Bowling Green or John Hardin may end the streak before the 2011 schedule is even finalized.

But there is that minor little detail about Highlands having to win their 11 remaining games in 2010 in order for this to even be of significance. A team such as Boone County, Eastern, CovCath, Dixie, Ryle, Ashland, Johnson Central, Bowling Green or John Hardin may end the streak before the 2011 schedule is even finalized.

True dat! You know it, I know it, the coaches know it and most importantly, the players know it. They've been part of games where it could have slipped away.

Here's what CalPreps has:

1. Plymouth (NH) - 57 games

2. Reidsville (NC) - 52 games

3. West Rowan (NC) - 34 games

4. Highlands (KY) - 32 games

4. Alcoa (TN) - 32 games

4. Phoebus (VA) - 32 games

Another team, Borden (TX) also has 32 straight wins, but it's in 6-man football, not 11-man football.

I tend to believe this more than what ESPN said, since at least CalPreps got HHS' active win streak count right.