Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cincinnati basketball 2011 Recruiting

Featured Replies

We all know Ge'Lawn Guyn is already committed to the Cats for 2011, but I recently noticed that they also got commitments from 6'8 Octavius Ellis out of Whitehaven, TN (Memphis Select) and 6'6 Shaquille Thomas out of Montclair, NJ.

 

GT, will probably know best, but how good are Ellis and Thomas? Will UC start to take on a New York flavor now that Savino is there? I know Thomas was one of his recruits.

I'll probably know best? :lol:

 

You know where to find my coverage of UC hoops recruiting... :thumb:

  • Author

Sure I know where to find it, but it'd be much easier for you to just tell me on BGP. :D

 

I've heard that Octavious is very comparable to Darnell Wilks.

 

What about Thomas? Some seem to think he could be a 5 star wing prospect if he was a little more consistent.

 

Your thoughts?

Just read where Florida State received a commitment from shooting guard Aaron Thomas out of Cincinnati.

 

I don't know what type of talent UC has coming in, but it's not a good sign when top talent is leaving the city...

Just read where Florida State received a commitment from shooting guard Aaron Thomas out of Cincinnati.

 

I don't know what type of talent UC has coming in, but it's not a good sign when top talent is leaving the city...

 

He and Behanon would have been two great gets for Mick.

 

There's no positive mojo going on with UC b-ball other than their conference affiliation. A lack of crowds probably doesn't help with the local kids.

 

Mike Thomas is in a tough position.

Just read where Florida State received a commitment from shooting guard Aaron Thomas out of Cincinnati.

 

I don't know what type of talent UC has coming in, but it's not a good sign when top talent is leaving the city...

 

Thomas was set to visit UC this weekend, but the staff backed off because of grade concerns. Once they said no, he popped for FSU. It was down to those two so no big surprise. They are bringing in NYC wing Jermaine Sanders this weeken instead who I like a lot more than AT because while he is also a scorer he is a much more well rounded and developed prospect. Thomas will be a good player for FSU down the line if he can qualify, but he has a lot to work on outside of scoring when he dominates the ball. I'm glad Mick passed on this one...

He and Behanon would have been two great gets for Mick.

 

Nice gets, sure. Great gets? I strongly disagree. Both players have some serious holes in their game and I have long said both are overrated by a good deal. They arwe in good position to add Sanders and Eli Carter to Shaq Thomas which are 3 of the better prospects from the NYC Metro area to this class. Give me NYC/NJ kids over Cincinnati kids every day of the week...

The player they lost this week that does hurt is PG Jerome Seagears to Rutgers. He was ahead of Carter on their board and they finished 2nd. He would have been a very good get...

Nice gets, sure. Great gets? I strongly disagree. Both players have some serious holes in their game and I have long said both are overrated by a good deal. They arwe in good position to add Sanders and Eli Carter to Shaq Thomas which are 3 of the better prospects from the NYC Metro area to this class. Give me NYC/NJ kids over Cincinnati kids every day of the week...

 

Refresh my memory. Has Thomas already committed to UC?

Refresh my memory. Has Thomas already committed to UC?

 

Yes. Thomas, Ge-Lawn Guyn and Octavious Ellis are the commits. Sanders is in this weekend for an official and Carter is in the following weekend. They have 6 spots to fill and the last need is a power big man. They might go to Europe for that spot as there is a serious lack of post talent in the 2011 class...

GT, would it be safe to say that Mick has to produce results this year or his job is in jeopardy, or does he get more time?

GT, would it be safe to say that Mick has to produce results this year or his job is in jeopardy, or does he get more time?

 

Define "results."

GT, would it be safe to say that Mick has to produce results this year or his job is in jeopardy, or does he get more time?

 

As long as they don't take a back slide I think he is fine. If you fire him with this large of a recruiting class you put the next coach in a situation similar to what Mick had to work out of when he got to UC. If they are right at about 20 wins and .500 in conference there is no way he's going anywhere...

  • Author
Nice gets, sure. Great gets? I strongly disagree. Both players have some serious holes in their game and I have long said both are overrated by a good deal. They arwe in good position to add Sanders and Eli Carter to Shaq Thomas which are 3 of the better prospects from the NYC Metro area to this class. Give me NYC/NJ kids over Cincinnati kids every day of the week...

 

Saw the video on youtube where Eli dropped 54 on a team...wow.

 

Sanders looks like a strong kid. He isn't your prototypical 6'4 "lanky" guard.

  • Author

GT, how good is Kilpatrick? Saw a few videos of him on youtube and I have a feeling this kid is going to be extremely good for the Cats over the next few years.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.