Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fantasy Help

Featured Replies

My draft is this afternoon. I am picking #5 in a 10 player league, snake draft. Who do I go with for my 1st pick? I like either Brees, Rodgers, or Manning there. Most boards suggest an RB, either Turner or Gore. I'm also slightly thinking Andre Johnson. Suggestions?

I'd take Michael Turner.

 

If I went QB, I'd go with Aaron Rodgers.

 

I wouldn't consider a WR at #5.

I went Turner at 5. If it's PPR go Andre, otherwise I'd go with a running back no questions asked.

  • Author
I'd take Michael Turner.

 

If I went QB, I'd go with Aaron Rodgers.

 

I wouldn't consider a WR at #5.

 

Did Turner play a full season last year? I'm thinking both him and Gore missed some games?

Did Turner play a full season last year? I'm thinking both him and Gore missed some games?

 

He missed a few games. I'm thinking somewhere in the 4-6 range. I think Gore missed 2 or 3.

 

I'd consider Shonn Greene if I knew for sure he would be the lead back in New York. The Jets ran the ball 607 times last season...that was 82 more attempts than the #2 team in the league. Even in a time share, he'll get lot of touches.

He missed a few games. I'm thinking somewhere in the 4-6 range. I think Gore missed 2 or 3.

 

Turner played 9 games and scored 10 tds...

 

Gore missed three.

  • Author
He missed a few games. I'm thinking somewhere in the 4-6 range. I think Gore missed 2 or 3.

 

4-6 is risky for 1st round pick. I think I'm going QB unless 1 ot the top 4 backs would get to me.

4-6 is risky for 1st round pick. I think I'm going QB unless 1 ot the top 4 backs would get to me.

 

Mistake my friend......I got Brady in round 3 who is capable of having just as good of a season as Manning, Brees, or Rodgers. By drafting Brady in round three I also got myself Turner and Reggie Wayne. If you were the 8th or 9th pick a qb would be a good pick but at 5 in a non PPR, go Turner or Gore.

Only 7 RB's had more 20-yard runs than Michael Turner...last year. He played in 11 games, but only had 1 carry in the week 15 game. So, in essence, he was top ten in the league in 20-yard runs and scored double digit TD's in 10 games.

 

There's always risk, but if he stays healthy, I think he's the #5 guy. He may be higher than that. Plus, you can hedge your bets by getting Jason Snelling.

 

But, if you want a QB, I'd definitely take Rodgers. His passing stats are equal to the rest and he typically tacks on a few rushing TD's that other QB's don't get.

  • Author
Mistake my friend......I got Brady in round 3 who is capable of having just as good of a season as Manning, Brees, or Rodgers. By drafting Brady in round three I also got myself Turner and Reggie Wayne. If you were the 8th or 9th pick a qb would be a good pick but at 5 in a non PPR, go Turner or Gore.

 

Thanks for the input. A guy that missed 1/3 of the season scares me. I'm guessing PPR means points per reception?

Andre Johnson played 9 games in '07...that logic would have passed on 1575 yards and 8 TD's in '08. There are no sure things in football...injuries can strike anyone at any time. It'd sure be nice if you could move up to #4. There wouldn't be any decision to make then.

  • Author

In a mock draft right now. Got Ray Rice. Reggie Wayne round 2. Roddy White rd 3. So my quest for a QB is screwed up in this one. Rivers Rd. 4

Thanks for the input. A guy that missed 1/3 of the season scares me. I'm guessing PPR means points per reception?

 

Yes. If it was PPR I'd pick between Andre and Gore. Non-PPR Gore or Turner. I do not recommend a QB that early in Rd. 1. It would be a mistake.

  • Author
Yes. If it was PPR I'd pick between Andre and Gore. Non-PPR Gore or Turner. I do not recommend a QB that early in Rd. 1. It would be a mistake.

 

I am now in rd 11 and have not picked a QB. Ready to pull the trigger in Kolb or Ryan

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.