Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2011 Final Four ticket lottery

Featured Replies

Wait until about 4 months in advance. It will go down.

 

At 180 days you can book a flight. Southwest will give you your best opportunity.....mark your calendar....otherwise it's 18 hours from the 'Ville and that blows. I buy cars in Houston and drive them back. No fun.

Nice, see some of you there.....my Dad and I go every year.

 

Do you scalp tickets or do you have a connection to go every year?

I went to the Final Four this year to watch my 'Eers. This was the 3rd final four I've been to. I went in 94 to Charlotte when Ark. won, and then in 97 to Indy, and 10 in Indy. I can tell you this, the way the NCAA had Lucas Oil Field set up, was terrible, I was in the QB suite and thank God they had 10 big screen TV's, you couldn't see a thing, the floor was so far away. I would say it will be the same way in Relaint Stadium in Houston. The NCAA is after money now, not about fan's being able to watch a game. That's my opinion for what it's worth.

Do you scalp tickets or do you have a connection to go every year?

 

Honestly my Dad takes care of the ticket situation, I know we've used the lottery before, and I know he's used stubhub before. Either way, we're there.

I went to the Final Four this year to watch my 'Eers. This was the 3rd final four I've been to. I went in 94 to Charlotte when Ark. won, and then in 97 to Indy, and 10 in Indy. I can tell you this, the way the NCAA had Lucas Oil Field set up, was terrible, I was in the QB suite and thank God they had 10 big screen TV's, you couldn't see a thing, the floor was so far away. I would say it will be the same way in Relaint Stadium in Houston. The NCAA is after money now, not about fan's being able to watch a game. That's my opinion for what it's worth.

 

It will always be that way from here on out, but it doesn't bother me.....the sight lines are great, and so is the atmosphere. I just hate when the weather sucks, like last year in Detroit on Monday, it was nasty.

  • Author
I got mine and have already booked a hotel. If the Cats go it's just icing on the cake.

I have never been to Houston, what hotels are close to where all action is?

I have never been to Houston, what hotels are close to where all action is?

 

I've never been either, but between Google Earth and booking sites, you might need to stay downtown to get a decent price. Most stuff near the stadium is around $400 a night right now. Downtown has a direct train line that will take you to the stadium and (hopefully) keep you out of the mess of driving in.

We always book our hotel right around the previous year's Final Four....if we weren't to go, you can cancel much later at no penalty.

This will be my third trip. New Orleans '93 when Weber call the time out and UNC won (work paid for this trip--great seats).

Indy in '91 when Duke won.

On a side note, I was at game 7 of the NBA Finals this year. Now I'm rooting for the Reds and Bengals and maybe do the 4 biggest sporting events all within 1 year!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.