Raceland's Sebastian Johansson Commits to Marshall

Ram

Big day for 'Big Swede'

Former Raceland football player commits to Marshall

Aaron Snyder The Independent

HUNTINGTON — Raceland won’t have to wait too long before another one of its own is playing NCAA Division I football.

Sebastian Johansson of Sweden spent his junior season as a Ram in 2008, and became the first Raceland product since Ohio State’s Aaron Pettrey to commit to a Division I school.

Johansson verbally committed to Marshall University Thursday as he spoke to Thundering Herd coach Doc Holliday over the phone. He later met with assistant coach Phil Ratliff and offensive line coach Mike Cummings.

Link

Congratulations to Sabastian, I am confident that he will be a huge part of the program at Marshall in a short time. He is a gifted Lineman that happens to be 6'5" and 310 pounds at the same time. Quite a combination.

Congratulations to Sabastian, I am confident that he will be a huge part of the program at Marshall in a short time. He is a gifted Lineman that happens to be 6'5" and 310 pounds at the same time. Quite a combination.

Guys, he is probably closer to 320 after almost 3 weeks of Mrs. Sidelinedoc's cooking. I will have to tell you, the entire crew that spent the 2 1/2 weeks in our home were HUNGRY!!!! I want to brag on them though. They always picked up after themselves and were quiet when they came in after we had gone to bed. These boys were so considerate and well mannered. So, for all of those people out there wondering where all the good boys are...........Sebastian, Robby Logan, Bret Denton, Tyler Boyles, Fergie and even Eddie Cumpton are some great boys. Caroline Pavlic is one awesome chick, too! I'm glad you were around to keep them in line. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Sebastian just text me and informed me that he was timed in the 40 @ 4.97 at Sweden's camp for the Senior National Team. He benches 380lbs, reps 225lbs 23 times, squats 680 lbs, power cleans 315 lbs and dead lifts 550 lbs. He has a 25" vertical. Not bad for a 6'5" 315 pound high school senior. He told me he is having to practice against a guy that played for the Packers and the Bengals. I am pretty sure that Marshall got a steal. The 3 D1 schools that wanted him but wanted him to walk on initially really missed out. GO HERD!!!!!